Xiaomi just launched the Redmi Note 5, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in the ‘Redmi Note’ series in India, as it had promised. As expected, it is the same Redmi 5 Plus smartphone that was introduced in China back in December last year. It has a 5.99-inch FHD+ 18:9 aspect ratio 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by Snapdragon 625 14nm (64-bit) Octa-Core processor paired with 3GB/4GB of RAM, has 32GB / 64GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) with MIUI 9.2 on top.
It comes with a 12-megapixel rear camera with 1.25μm pixel size sensor, f/2.2 aperture and dual-tone LED flash. On the front it sports a 5-megapixel camera with f/2.0 aperture and selfie flash.
It also has a metal unibody design, fingerprint scanner on the back, hybrid dual SIM slot and packs a 4000mAh battery.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 specifications:
- 5.99-inch Full HD+ (2160 × 1080 pixels) 18:9 2.5D curved glass display with 450 nits Brightness, 84% NTSC Color Gamut, 1000: 1 Contrast Ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass Protection
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 (64-bit) 14nm FinFET SoC with 2.0GHz Octa-Core Cortex A53 CPU
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB via microSD card
- Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) with MIUI 9
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual band (2.4GHz & 5GHz), Bluetooth v4.2, GPS/GLONASS, micro USB 2.0, USB OTG
- FM Radio, 3.5mm audio jack
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, 1.25μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, [email protected] video recording
- 5MP front camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Fingerprint, Infrared, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Ambient Light, E-compass, Magnetic-Field sensor
- Non-removable 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery
- Dimensions: 158.5 x 75.45 x 8.05mm
- Weight: 180 grams
- Colors: Gold, Matte Black, Rose Gold, Lake Blue
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 is priced at Rs. 9999 for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version and the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs Rs. 11,999. Xiaomi is also bundling a clear case in the box. It will be available exclusively on Mi.com, Mi Home and Flipkart from February 22nd.