Along with the Redmi Note 5, Xiaomi also launched the Redmi Note 5 Pro smartphone in India,making it the handset’s global debut. It has the same 5.99-inch FHD+ 18:9 aspect ratio 2.5D curved glass display, but this is powered by Snapdragon 636 14nm (64-bit) Octa-Core SoC paired with 4GB/6GB LPDDR4X RAM, has 64GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) with MIUI 9.2 on top.
In terms of camera, it has a 12-megapixel rear camera with 1.25μm pixel size sensor, f/2.2 aperture and dual-tone LED flash, same as the Redmi Note 5, but this also comes with a secondary 5-megapixel camera to capture the depth information for background blur. And on the front it sports a huge 20-megapixel camera with selfie flash and offer A.I based portrait selfies. It will also offer Face unlock feature that will be available via OTA update by the end of March. Both the front and rear cameras also support Beautify 4.0.
It also has a metal unibody design, fingerprint scanner on the back, hybrid dual SIM slot and packs a 4000mAh battery, same as the Redmi Note 5.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro specifications:
- 5.99-inch Full HD+ (2160 × 1080 pixels) 18:9 2.5D curved glass display with 450 nits Brightness, 83% NTSC Color Gamut, 1500: 1 Contrast Ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass Protection
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 (64-bit) 14nm FinFET SoC with 1.8GHz Octa-Core Kryo CPU
- Adreno 509 GPU
- 4GB/6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB Internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB via microSD card
- Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) with MIUI 9.2
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual band (2.4GHz & 5GHz), Bluetooth v5.0, GPS/GLONASS, micro USB 2.0, USB OTG
- FM Radio, 3.5mm audio jack
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX486 sensor, 1.25μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, [email protected] video recording + secondary 5MP camera with Samsung sensor, 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- 20MP front camera with LED flash, Sony IMX376 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Fingerprint, Infrared, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Ambient Light, E-compass, Magnetic-Field sensor
- Non-removable 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery
- Dimensions: 158.6 x 75.45 x 8.05mm
- Weight: 181 grams
- Colors: Gold, Matte Black, Rose Gold, Lake Blue
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro is priced at Rs. 13,999 for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs Rs. 16,999. It will be also available exclusively on Mi.com, Mi Home and Flipkart from February 22 along with Redmi Note 5.