Xiaomi just launched Redmi 5A, its latest budget-friendly 4G smartphone in India. It packs a 5-inch HD (720p) display, is powered by a Snapdragon 425 (64-bit) Quad-Core processor coupled with 2GB/3GB of RAM, has 16GB/32GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 7.1 (Nougat) with MIUI 9 on top.
It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with PDAF (phase detection auto-focus) for fast focus and a 5-megapixel front camera. It also comes with a unibody design with Metal-like matte finish, dedicated dual SIM slot and packs a 3000mAh battery.
Xiaomi Redmi 5A specifications:
- 5-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS LCD display with 1000:1 contrast ratio, 72% (typ) / 68% (min) color gamut
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 (64-bit) SoC with 1.4GHz Quad-Core CPU
- Adreno 308 GPU
- 2GB / 3GB RAM
- 16GB / 32GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card
- Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) with MIUI 9
- Dedicated Dual SIM slot
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS+GLONASS, micro USB 2.0, USB OTG
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front camera, f/2.0 aperture, 720p
- Infrared, Accelerometer, Proximity, Ambient light, E-Compass sensor
- Non-removable (typical) / 2910mAh (minimum) battery
- Dimensions: 140.4 x 70.1 x 8.35 mm
- Weight: 137 grams
- Color: Dark Gray, Gold, Rose Gold
The Xiaomi Redmi 5A 2GB RAM + 16GB storage version is priced at Rs. 4999 for the first five million units, after that it will be available for Rs. 5,999, and the 3GB RAM + 32GB storage version costs Rs. 6,999. It will be available exclusively on Flipkart as well as Mi.com online store, Mi Home Stores and partner stores starting from December 7th.