Vivo launched V7+ selfie-focused smartphone in India back in September. Now it has introduced Y79 mid-range smartphone with similar specifications, including a 5.99-inch HD+ (1440 x 720 pixels) FullView display with 18:9 aspect ratio, narrow bezels, 84.4% screen-to-body ratio and 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, 4GB of RAM, 64GB of expandable internal storage, 24-megapixel front-facing camera with Moonlight flash, 16-megapixel rear camera with phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF) and LED flash, and it runs on Android 7.1 (Nougat) with Funtouch OS 3.2 on top. But this is powered by Snapdragon 625 (64-bit) Octa-Core processor instead of Snapdragon 450 SoC.
It also has a unibody metal design, fingerprint sensor on the back, dedicated dual nano SIM and microSD card slots, custom AK4376A Hi-Fi audio chip for the best audio and packs a 3225mAh battery, similar to the V7+.
Vivo Y79 specifications:
- 5.99-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS LCD Full view display with 18:9 aspect ratio, 2.5D curved Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 (64-bit) 14nm Mobile Platform with 2.0GHz Octa-Core CPU
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB Internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB via microSD card
- Android 7.1 (Nougat) with FuntouchOS 3.2
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/GLONASS, micro USB 2.0, USB OTG
- 3.5mm audio jack, AK4376A Hi-Fi audio chip
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, OmniVision OV16880 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 1080p video recording
- 24MP front camera with Moonlight Flash, 1/2.78″ sensor size, f/2.0 aperture, 5P lens, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, E-compass, Ambient light sensor
- Non-removable 3225mAh battery with fast charging
- Dimensions: 155.87 × 75.7 × 7.7 mm
- Weight: 160 grams
- Color: Champagne Gold, Rose Gold, Matte Black
The Vivo Y79 is priced at CNY 2498 (US$ 376 / Rs. 24,470) and is available in China.