OnePlus has launched its latest flagship OnePlus 5T smartphone on the global stage at an event in Brooklyn, New York. It packs a 6.01-inch Full HD+ Optic AMOLED 2.5D display with an 18:9 aspect ratio, 80.5% screen-to-body ratio, DCI-P3 color coverage and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, is powered by a Snapdragon 835 (64-bit) Octa-Core Mobile Platform paired with 6GB / 8GB of LPDDR4x RAM, has 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage with two-lane ROM that is up to 26% faster in everything from installation speeds to loading graphic-intensive games, and runs on Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with Oxygen OS 4.7 on top that brings new features like Parallel Apps, Gallery Map and several customizations.
In terms of camera, the OnePlus 5T features a 16-megapixel primary rear camera with Sony IMX398 sensor, 1.12μm pixel size, large f/1.7 aperture, EIS along with a 20-megapixel secondary camera with Sony IMX376K sensor, 1.0μm pixel size and f/1.7 aperture to capture better low-light photographs and improved depth-of-field (bokeh) effect that blurs backdrops in portrait mode and offers crisp zoom. . On the front it sports a 16-megapixel front camera with Sony IMX371 sensor, 1.0μm pixel size and f/2.0 aperture. It also supports face recognition feature to unlock the phone in just 0.2 seconds.
It has an Anodized Aluminum unibody design, fingerprint sensor on the back that can unlock the phone in just 0.2 seconds, and packs a 3300mAh battery with Dash Charge support that promises a full day of battery life in just half an hour of charging.
OnePlus 5T specifications:
- 6.01-inch Full HD+ (2106×1080 pixels) Optic AMOLED 2.5D curved display with sRGB, DCI-P3 color coverage, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 (64-bit) Mobile Platform with 2.45GHz Octa-Core CPU
- Adreno 540 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with Oxygen OS 4.7, Upgradable to Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano, dual stand-by)
- 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual band (2.4GHz & 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0 aptX HD, GPS/GLONASS/BDS, NFC, micro USB 2.0, USB Type-C, USB OTG
- 3.5mm audio jack, 3 microphones with noise cancellation, Dirac HD Sound
- 16MP rear camera with Sony IMX398 sensor, 1.12μm pixel size, f/1.7 aperture, EIS + Secondary 20MP camera with Sony IMX376K sensor, 1.0μm pixel size, f/1.7 aperture, dual LED Flash, [email protected]/[email protected]/[email protected] (slow motion) video recording
- 16MP front camera with Sony IMX371 sensor, 1.0μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Ambient Light, E-compass, Magnetic-Field, Hall sensor
- Non-removable 3300mAh battery with Dash Charge (5V-4A)
- Dimensions: 156.1 × 75 × 7.3mm
- Weight: 162 grams
- Color: Midnight Black
The OnePlus 5T is priced at Rs. 32,999 ($499 in the U.S.) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the top-end 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs Rs. 37,999 ($559 in the U.S.), same as the OnePlus 5.
In India it will be exclusively available on Amazon.in starting from November 21st at 4:30PM for Amazon Prime customers, OnePlus India Online Store and OnePlus experience store in Bangalore as a part of early access sale. It will be available through open sale from November 28th.
Commenting on the launch, OnePlus Founder and CEO Pete Lau, said:
“The feedback on the OnePlus 5 has been very positive, but there were some areas where we saw room for improvement to create an even better user experience.We love nothing more than offering our community the latest and greatest technology and a user experience to beat expectations. Once again, we’ve worked hard to refine every last detail.”