Xiaomi just announced Mi MIX 2, it latest flagship smartphone and the successor of last year’s Mi MIX at an event in China, as it had promised. It has a 5.99-inch Full HD+ (2160 × 1080 pixels) display with 18:9 aspect ratio and ultra narrow bezels, is powered by a Snapdragon 835 (64-bit) Octa-Core Mobile platform coupled 6GB / 8GB (Special Edition) of RAM, has 64GB / 128GB / 256GB of internal storage and runs on Android 7.1 (Nougat) with MIUI 9 on top.
It sports a 12-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX386 sensor, 1.25μm pixel size, 4-axis optical image stabilization (OIS), 5-piece lens, f/2.0 aperture, and a 5-megapixel front camera on the right bottom that also supports face recognition.
It has a ceramic body and uses Cantilever Piezoelectric Ceramic acoustic system instead of a standard earpiece, allowing you to listen to calls without the earpiece, similar to the predecessor. It also has sound guided speaker that has 50mW high power speaker with sound guided tube for an enhanced audio experience. The smartphone also supports 6 modes and 43 bands – making it a ‘global LTE smartphone’.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 specifications:
- 5.99-inch Full HD+ (2160 × 1080 pixels) IPS LCD bezel-less display with 18:9 aspect ratio, 1500:1 contrast ratio, DCI-P3 color gamut
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 (64-bit) 10nm Mobile Platform with 2.45GHz Octa-Core CPU
- Adreno 540 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB / 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 8GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB storage (Special Edition)
- Android 7.1 (Nougat) with MIUI 9
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz MU-MIMO), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, micro USB Type-C, USB OTG
- 12MP rear camera with Sony IMX386 sensor, 1.25μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, 4-axis OIS, 4K video recording
- 5MP front camera with facial recognition, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, E-compass, Ambient light, Barometer, Hall sensor
- Non-removable 3400mAh (typical) / 3300mAh (minimum) with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging
- Dimensions: 151.8 x 75.5 × 7.7 mm (Standard version) / 150.5 x 74.6 × 7.7 mm (Special Edition)
- Weight: 185 grams (Standard version) / 187 grams (Special Edition)
- Color: Black (Standard version) / Black, White (Special Edition)
The Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 standard version with four-sided curved ceramic body and aluminium alloy frame costs CNY 3299 (US$ 506 / Rs. 32,350 approx) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage variant, CNY 3599 (US$ 552 / Rs. 35,280 approx) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage variant, and the 6GB RAM with 256GB storage variant costs CNY 3999 (US$ 613 / Rs. 39,210 approx).
The Mi MIX 2 Special Edition with full ceramic body, 8GB RAM and 128GB storage costs CNY 4699 (US$ 721 / Rs. 46,000 approx).