Xiaomi just launched Mi A1, its latest mid-range camera-centric smartphone in the new A-series at a global event in India, as it had promised. It is the global variant of the Mi 5X smartphone that was announced in China back in July, but this is an Android One phone created in partnership with Google, running stock Android based on Android 7.1 (Nougat) and will get Android 8.0 (Oreo) update within 2017. It will also be one of the first smartphones to get Android P update. It will also come with unlimited storage in Google Photos (full resolution).
It packs a 5.5-inch Full-HD (1080p) 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection, is powered by a Snapdragon 625 (64-bit) Octa-Core processor paired with 4GB of RAM and has 64GB of expandable internal storage.
In terms of camera, it comes with 12MP dual rear cameras, one with a wide-angle lens and other with a telephoto lens offering portrait mode, background blur, 2x optical zoom and more. On the front it has a 5-megapixel camera.
It has a 7.3mm thick unibody metal design with rounded edges and anti-fingerprint coating, a fingerprint sensor on the back, infrared sensor on the top, USB Type-C port, hybrid dual SIM slot and packs a 3080mAh battery with support for fast charging. Xiaomi also said that Mi A1 phones will come with dual pyrolytic graphite sheets that will help to diffuse and radiate heat quickly.
Xiaomi Mi A1 specifications:
- 5.5-inch Full-HD (1920×1080 pixels) IPS LCD 2.5D curved glass display with 450nit brightness, 1000:1 contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 (64-bit) SoC with 2.0GHz Octa-Core CPU
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB (eMMC 5.0) internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB via microSD card
- Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) with MIUI 8, upgradable to Android 8.0 (Oreo) & Android P
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano/microSD)
- 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz & 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/GLONASS, micro USB 2.0, USB Type-C, USB OTG
- 3.5mm audio jack, 10v smart PA
- 12MP rear camera with wide-angle lens, 1.25μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, dual-tone LED flash, 1080p video recording + secondary 12MP camera with telephoto lens, 1.0μm pixel size, f/2.6 aperture
- 5MP front camera, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Infrared, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, E-compass, Ambient Light, Gravity sensor
- Non-removable 3080mAh (typical) / 3000mAh (minimum) battery
- Dimensions: 155.4×75.8×7.3 mm
- Weight: 165 grams
- Colors: Black, Gold, Rose Gold
The Xiaomi Mi A1 is priced at Rs. 14,999 and will be available exclusively from Flipkart and Mi.com online as well as Mi Home stores and other offline retailers starting September 12th at 12 noon. It will come with 200GB additional 4G data for Airtel users.