Lenovo-owned Motorola has announced its latest mid-range smartphone in the Moto X-series, the Moto X4 at the IFA 2017 in Berlin. It packs a 5.2-inch Full HD (1080p) display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection, is powered by a Snapdragon 630 (64-bit) Octa-Core Mobile Platform paired with 3GB / 4GB of RAM, has 32GB / 64GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 7.1 (Nougat) with support for Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa.
It has 12MP and 8MP dual rear cameras to take images with blurred background, portraits, selective black and white and option to change the background. It also has Dual Pixel Auto-focus technology for faster focus in low light. On the front it sports a 16MP camera with a 4MP new adaptive low light mode and LED flash.
It has IP68 certification for water resistance, anodized aluminum frame, Corning Gorilla Glass protection on the back, fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button that also offers one-button navigation and packs a 3000mAh battery with support for Turbo Charging (15W) that promises six hours of power in just 15 minutes of charge.
Moto X4 specifications:
- 5.2-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS LCD display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 (64-bit) SoC with 2.2GHz Octa-Core CPU
- Adreno 508 GPU
- 3GB / 4GB RAM
- 32GB / 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 2TB via microSD card
- Android 7.1 (Nougat)
- Single SIM / Dual SIM (dual stand-by)
- 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, GPS/GLONASS, micro USB 2.0, USB Type-C, USB OTG
- FM Radio, 3.5mm audio jack, Front-ported speaker, 3-Mics
- 12MP primary rear camera with Dual Pixel Auto-focus, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture, 1.4um pixel size, dual-tone LED flash, 4K video recording + secondary 8MP camera with 120-degree ultra-wide angle field of view, f/2.2 aperture, 1.12um pixel size
- 16MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1um pixel size, LED flash, 1080p
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyroscope, Ambient light, E-Compass, Hall sensor
- 3000mAh battery with Turbo charging
- Dimensions: 148.35 x 73.4 x 7.99 mm
- Weight: 163 grams
- Colors: Super Black, Sterling Blue
The Moto X4 price starts at €399 (US$ 475 / Rs. 30,375 approx) and will roll out in Europe starting this September followed by global markets, including the U.S., later this fall.