LG has announced its latest flagship smartphone in the V-series, the V30 at IFA 2017 in Berlin, as it had promised. It sports a QHD+ (1440 × 2880 pixels) P-OLED FullVision display with 18:9 aspect ratio and narrow bezels, is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 (64-bit) Octa-Core Mobile Platform paired with 4GB RAM, has 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.0) of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) with LG UX 6.0+ on top that brings several new features including new Voice Recognition supported by Qualcomm Aqstic voice UI technology for always-on, always-listening capabilities and face recognition unlocking. It is also the company’s first Daydream-compatible phone.
In terms of camera, it comes with dual rear cameras – a 16-megapixel primary rear camera with f/1.6 aperture, Crystal Clear lens, Optical Image Stabilization (OIS), Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS) and Hybrid Auto Focus that combines both Laser Detection Auto Focus and Phase Detection Auto Focus (PDAF) along with a 13-megapixel secondary camera with 120-degree wide-angle lens. On the front it has a 5-megapixel camera with 90-degree wide angle lens.
It has 32-bit Advanced Hi-Fi Quad DAC powered by ESS Technology’s SABRE ES9218P along with digital filters and sound presets, and sound tuning by B&O PLAY.
It has a metal frame that is sandwiched between two Corning Gorilla glass 5 panels which offers it a premium look, a fingerprint sensor on the back, IP68 ratings for water and dust resistance that makes it safe to be immersed in up to 1.5 meters of water for as long as 30 minutes and packs a 3300mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 and Wireless charging support. It also has passed 14 categories of the MIL-STD 810G Transit Drop Test making it compliant for military operations.
LG V30 specifications:
- 6-inch QHD+ (1440 × 2880 pixels) P-OLED FullVision Always on display with a 18:9 aspect ratio, HDR10, 538 PPI, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 (64-bit) SoC with Octa-core CPU
- Adreno 540 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 64GB (V30) / 128GB (V30+) (UFS 2.0) internal memory, expandable memory up to 2TB via microSD card
- Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) with LG UX 6.0+
- Single SIM / Hybrid Dual SIM (market dependent)
- 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz & 5GHz), DLNA, Bluetooth 5.0 LE, NFC, GPS/GLONASS/BDS, microUSB 3.1, USB Type-C 2.0, USB OTG
- 3.5mmm headphone jack, 32-bit Advanced Hi-Fi Quad DAC
- 16MP rear camera with f/1.6-aperture, 71-degree wide-angle lens, Laser Auto-focus, PDAF, OIS, EIS, dual-tone LED Flash, [email protected] (4K) video recording + 13MP secondary rear camera with f/1.9 aperture, 125-degree wide-angle lens
- 5MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 90-degree wide-angle lens, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Ambient Light, E-Compass, Barometer, Magnetic Field, Color spectrum, Hall sensor
- Water & Dust resistant body (IP68)
- Non-removable 3300mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, Wireless charging
- Dimensions: 151.7 x 75.4 x 7.3 mm
- Weight: 158 grams
- Colors: Aurora Black, Cloud Silver, Moroccan Blue, Lavender Violet
The LG V30 will roll out starting from Korea starting from September 21 followed by North America, Asia, Europe, Africa and the Middle East.