Samsung has announced Leadership 8 (SM-G9298), its latest premium Android Flip phone and the successor of last year’s W2017 (SM-W2017) in China. It packs dual 4.2-inch Full-HD (1080p) Super AMOLED displays, so that you can use the phone even when it’s closed, is powered by Snapdragon 821 (64-bit) Quad-Core processor paired with 4GB of RAM, has 64GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android OS.
It has a 12MP rear camera with f/1.7 aperture and a 5MP front-facing camera with f/1.9 aperture. It comes with a 3D glass and metal design, fingerprint sensor on the back and packs a 2300mAh battery with support for fast charging both on wired and wireless.
Additional features include a configurable hotkey, an Always-on display, hybrid dual SIM slot, Samsung Pay, NFC, heart rate sensor and S-Voice.
Samsung Leadership 8 (SM-G9298) specifications:
- 4.2-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Super AMOLED dual displays
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 (64-bit) SoC with 2.15GHz Quad-Core CPU
- Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB Internal memory, expandable up to 256GB via microSD card
- Android OS
- Hybrid dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS/GLONASS/ Beidou/Galileo, NFC, micro USB 2.0, USB OTG
- 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, PDAF, 1.4μm pixels, 4K video recording
- 5MP front camera, f/1.9 aperture, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Heart rate, Accelerometer, Proximity, Ambient light, E-Compass, Barometric pressure, Hall, Close sensor
- 2300mAh battery with Fast Charging (wired and wireless)
- Dimensions: 130.2 x 62.6 x 15.9mm
- Weight: 235 grams
- Color: Black
The Samsung Leadership 8 will be available from China Mobile soon, but there is no word on the pricing yet.