Coolpad just launched Cool Play 6, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone at an event in Dubai, as it had promised. It packs a 5.5-inch Full HD (1080p) 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by a Snapdragon 653 (64-bit) Octa-Core processor paired with massive 6GB of RAM, has 64GB of internal storage and runs on Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with Journey UI on top. The company has promised to offer Android 8.0 update by December 2017.
In terms of camera, it comes with dual 13-megapixel rear cameras with f/2.0 aperture, phase detection auto-focus (PDAF), dual-tone LED flash, and has an 8-megapixel front camera with f/2.2 aperture.
It has a unibody metal design, fingerprint sensor on the back, USB Type-C port, dedicated dual SIM slots and packs a huge 4000mAh battery with support for fast charging.
Coolpad Cool Play 6 specifications:
- 5.5-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS LCD In-Cell touch 2.5D curved glass display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 653 (64-bit) SoC with Octa-Core (4 x 1.95GHz Cortex A72 + 4 x 1.44GHz A53)CPU
- Adreno 510 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 64GB (eMMC5.1) internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with with Journey UI, Upgradable to Android 8.0
- Dual SIM (nano + nano, dual stand-by)
- 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz & 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, micro USB 2.0 Type-C, USB OTG, 3.5mm audio jack
- 13MP + 13MP dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, [email protected] & [email protected] (slow motion) video recording
- 8MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 80-degree wide-angle lens, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyroscope, Ambient light, E-Compass sensor
- Non-removable 4060mAh (typical) / 4000mAh (minimum) battery with fast charging
- Dimensions: 152 x 75.2 x 8.45 mm
- Weight: 170 grams
- Color: Black, Gold
The Coolpad Cool Play 6 is priced at Rs. 14,999 and will be available exclusively on Amazon.in starting from September 4th.
Commenting on the launch, James Du, Global CEO, Coolpad Group, said:
“India and U.S has now become two of the largest markets for Coolpad overseas. We have always believed in launching products that start a trend in the market and Cool 6 is yet another winner from Coolpad. The response we have got from our consumers over the years with every launch has been overwhelming and we are touched by the love of our Cool fans. We are confident that with R&D capabilities and quality products, we will be able to gain an even larger market share in India and other regions. Apart from that we are also coming with exclusive Coolpad services centers in India with plan to have these in at least 5 cities in next 6 months.”
Syed Tajuddin, CEO, Coolpad India, said:
“With the positive sentiment around Indian smartphone market, the country is preparing for the biggest growth. Today customers want world class products at competitive prices. In the last couple of years Coolpad has done well and we have beaten even our own estimates. Year 2017 has been a game changer for Coolpad in India and we continue to put our resources in the country with a plan to achieve 50% growth to extend our market share to 6% of the total market in India. We already have offline presence in 8 states with a reach in 3000 Multi-brand outlets and have plans to expand it to a total number of 18 states in next one year. It is only because of the quality of our products that today Coolpad smart phones have a 25% market share on Amazon in the sub Rs. 8000 category. With this launch we not only plan to lead the online space but also to make a bigger impact on the offline market in India.”