BlackBerry has launched its KEYone Android smartphone in India. It was introduced at the MWC 2017 event in Barcelona back in February, and packs a 4.5-inch (1620×1080 pixels) display with 3:2 aspect ratio and below the display it has a 4-row QWERTY physical backlit keyboard that respond to touch gestures – you just use them as a touchpad of sorts, support for flick typing, up to 52 customizable shortcuts – such as pressing ‘I’ for your inbox, or ‘M’ to access maps, and has an embedded fingerprint sensor into the spacebar/interval key.
It is powered by a Snapdragon 625 (64-bit) Octa-Core processor paired with 3GB of RAM, has 32GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 7.1 (Nougat) with security and productivity suite from BlackBerry.
In terms of camera, it sports a 12-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX378 sensor which has a 1.55μm pixel size, and an 8-megapixel front camera with 1.12µm pixel size. It has an anodized aluminum frame with a soft touch textured back, hybrid dual SIM slot, USB Type-C port, NFC and packs a 3505mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 that charge the phone up to 50% in just 36 minutes.
BlackBerry KEYone specifications:
- 4.5-inch (1620 x 1080 pixels) IPS LCD display with 3:2 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- Capacitive touch 4-row BlackBerry QWERTY keyboard
- Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 (64-bit) SoC with Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 CPU
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage, expandable up to 2TB via microSD card
- Android 7.1 (Nougat)
- Hybrid dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 4G LTE Cat.9, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz & 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, GPS/GLONASS/BDS, micro USB 3.1, USB Type-C, USB OTG
- FM Radio, 3.5mm audio jack
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX378 sensor, 1.55μm pixel size, 1/2.3″ sensor size, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 4K video recording
- 8MP front camera with 1.12µm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Ambient Light, E-Compass sensor
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3505mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Dimensions: 149.3 x 72.5 x 9.4 mm
- Weight: 180 grams
- Color: Black
The BlackBerry KEYone is designed, manufactured and sold by Optiemus in India, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. It is priced at Rs. 39,990 in India and will be available exclusively on Amazon.in starting from August 8th.