ASUS today launched its camera-centric mid-range smartphone, the ZenFone Zoom S in India. It was introduced as Zenfone 3 Zoom at the CES 2017 event back in January, and packs a 5.5-inch Full HD (1080p) AMOLED 2.5D display, is powered by Snapdragon 625 (64-bit) Octa-core processor coupled with 4GB of RAM, has 64GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with Zen UI 3.0 on top.
It comes with dual rear camera setup – 12MP+12MP. The primary camera features 25mm wide angle lens, Sony IMX362 sensor with large 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.7 aperture, Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS), Optical Image Stabilization (OIS) and 4K video recording, while the secondary camera offers 12x digital zoom and 2.3x true optical zoom.
It also has ASUS 0.03s TriTech+ Auto-focus technology for quick focus that selects one of three Auto-focus methods — Dual Pixel PDAF, Continuous AF and second-generation Laser AF to use at any given time and promises image capture in just 0.03 seconds, even with a moving subject. On the front it sports a 13MP selfie camera with Sony IMX214 sensor and f/2.0 aperture.
It has a unibody metal design, fingerprint sensor on the back and packs a huge 5000mAh battery that promises up to 42 days of standby and up to 6.4 hours of continuous UltraHD video recording.
Asus ZenFone Zoom S (ZE553KL) specifications:
- 5.5-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) AMOLED 2.5D display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, 500 nits brightness
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 (64-bit) SoC with 2.0GHz Octa-Core CPU
Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 2TB via microSD card
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with Zen UI 3.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro+nano/microSD)
- 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, micro USB 2.0, USB Type-C, USB OTG
- FM Radio, 3.5mm audio jack, Hi-Res Audio 192kHz/24-bit standard
- 12MP primary rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Dual Pixel PDAF, 2nd Gen Laser AF, Continuous AF, Sony IMX362 1/2.55″ sensor, 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.7 aperture, 3-axis EIS, 4-axis OIS, 4K video recording + 12MP secondary camera with f/2.6 aperture, 5 P Largen lens, 2.3x optical zoom
- 13MP front camera with Sony IMX214 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Fingerprint, IR, RGB, Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyroscope, Ambient light, E-Compass sensor
- Non-removable 5000mAh battery with BoostMaster fast charging
- Dimensions: 154.3 × 77 × 7.99 mm
- Weight: 170 grams
- Colors: Navy Black, Glacier Silver
The ASUS ZenFone Zoom S is priced at Rs. 26,999 and is available exclusively on Flipkart.
Commenting on the launch, Peter Chang, Regional Head, South Asia & Country Head, System Business Group – ASUS India said:
“On the onset of World Photography Day, ASUS India wishes to rejuvenate the passion and commitment of photography enthusiast by launching ZenFone Zoom S. We at ASUS have maintained a resolute and enduring commitment to championing mobile photography and ZenFone 3 – ‘Built for Photography’ launched in 2016 is testimony of the same fact. Today, we reinstate our commitment to help consumers catch the beauty of every moment with the ZenFone Zoom S. An incredible device that combines a dual-lens camera system with an unbeatable battery – ZenFone Zoom S will set new bar for mobile photography.”