Xiaomi just sent out invites for the launch of its next Mi smartphone in India on July 18th. The invite says “Last year, we made ripples with this new category and now it is back. Join us in witnessing the return on ‘BIG’ at Xiaomi media briefing” that clearly hints at the launch of Mi Max 2, successor of last year’s Mi Max.
The Mi Max 2 was announced in China back in May and it packs a 6.44-inch Full-HD (1080p) 2.5D curved glass display with 0.7mm ultra narrow bezel on the side, is powered by Snapdragon 625 (64-bit) 14nm Octa-Core processor paired with 4GB of RAM, has 64GB / 128GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with MIUI 8 on top.
It has an improved 12-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX386 sensor, 1.25μm pixel size and dual-tone LED flash. On the front it sports a 5-megapixel selfie shooter with 85-degree wide-angle lens and f/2.0 aperture.
It has a full metal unibody design, fingerprint sensor on the back, dual stereo speakers, hybrid dual SIM slot, USB Type-C port and packs a huge 5300mAh battery with support for Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging that lets you charge the phone up to 68% in one hour. It has dual charging module that offers better heat dispersion. It promises up to 18 hours of video playback or 57 hours of talk time on a single charge.
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 Specifications:
- 6.44-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS LCD 2.5D curved glass display with 450nits brightness, 1000 : 1 contrast ratio, 72% NTSC color gamut
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 (64-bit) SoC with 2.0GHz Octa-Core Cortex-A53 CPU
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB internal storage, expandable up to 128 GB via microSD card
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with MIUI 8
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro+nano/microSD)
- 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual band (MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, GPS/GLONASS, micro USB 2.0, USB Type-C, USB OTG
- 3.5mm audio jack, dual stereo speakers
- 12MP rear camera with Sony IMX386 sensor, 1.25μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, phase detection auto-focus (PDAF), dual-tone LED Flash, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front camera with 85-degree wide-angle lens, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Infrared, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, E-compass, Ambient Light sensor
- Non-removable Li-Ion 5300mAh (typical) / 5200mAh (minimum) battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Dimensions: 174.1 × 88.7 × 7.6 mm
- Weight: 211 grams
- Color: Golden, Black
We should know the price of the phone when it launches next Tuesday.