Chinese smartphone manufacturer Meizu has launched a new budget-friendly smartphone in the A-series, called Meizu A5 in China. It packs a 5-inch HD (720p) display, is powered by a Mediatek MT6737 (64-bit) Quad-Core processor coupled with 2GB of RAM, has 16GB of expandable internal storage and runs on unspecified version of Android with Flyme OS on top.
As for camera, it sports an 8-megapixel rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, dual-LED flash and a 5-megapixel camera with f/2.2 aperture on the front. It supports 4G VoLTE, and packs a 3060mAh battery.
Meizu A5 specifications:
- 5-inch HD (1280×720 pixels) IPS LCD display
- Mediatek MT6737 (64-bit) SoC with 1.3GHz Quad-Core CPU
- Mali- T720 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB Internal Storage, expandable up to 128GB via micro SD card
- Android OS
- Dual SIM
- 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS/GLONASS, micro USB 2.0, USB OTG, 3.5mm audio jack
- 8MP rear camera with dual LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front camera, f/2.2 aperture, 720p
- Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, E-compass, Ambient Light, Gravity sensor
- Non-removable 3060mAh battery
- Dimensions: 144 x 70.5 x 8.3mm
- Weight: 140g
- Color: Black, Gold, Silver
The Meizu A5 is priced at CNY 699 ($105 / Rs. 6,600 approx) and is already available for purchase in China.