LG has officially announced its three new midrange smartphones in the new Q-series, dubbed as Q6, Q6α and Q6+ with FullVision displays. LG calls it “Q series is the company’s latest line of powerful, mid-range smartphones boasting the essential features of LG premium phones at exceptional price points.”
The different models only differ in RAM and storage capacities. The Q6+ comes with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of storage, the Q6 delivers 3GB of RAM and 32GB of storage and the most affordably-priced Q6α comes with 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage.
All these have a 5.5-inch FHD+ FullVision display with 18:9 aspect ratio and minimal bezels, are powered by Snapdragon 435 (64-bit) Octa-Core processor and run Android 7.1.1 (Nougat).
They have a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front camera with 100-degree wide-angle lens, 7000 series aluminum frame unibody design, USB Type-B port, NFC support and pack a 3000mAh battery.
LG Q6 specifications:
- 5.5-inch 18:9 FHD+ (2160 x 1080 pixels) FullVision IPS LCD display
- Qualcomm MSM8940 Snapdragon 435 (64-bit) Mobile Platform with 1.4GHz Octa-Core CPU
- Adreno 505 GPU
- Q6α – 2GB RAM + 16GB storage; Q6 – 3GB RAM + 32GB storage; Q6+ – 4GB RAM + 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 2TB via microSD card
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- Single SIM / Dual SIM
- 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, GPS, micro USB 2.0, USB Type-C, USB OTG
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 13MP Auto-focus rear camera with LED Flash, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front camera with 100-degree wide angle lens
- Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, E-compass, Ambient Light sensor
- Non-removable 3000mAh battery
- Dimensions:142.5 x 69.3 x 8.1mm
- Weight: 149 grams
- Colors: Astro Black, Ice Platinum, Mystic White, Terra Gold, Marine Blue
The LG Q6 will roll out in select Asian markets starting from next month (August) followed by Europe, Latin America and North America.