Huawei’s sub-brand Honor has launched its latest flagship smartphone, the Honor 8 Pro in India. It was introduced back in April and packs a 5.7-inch Quad HD (2K) 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by a HiSilicon Kirin 960 (64-bit) Octa-Core processor paired with 6GB of RAM, has 128GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat) with EMUI 5.1 on top.
It features dual rear cameras – 12MP + 12MP, one with monochrome and other with color (RGB) sensor to capture crisper and more detailed photos. On the front it sports an 8-megapixel camera with f/2.0 aperture.
It has a 6.97mm slim metal unibody design, fingerprint sensor on the back, infrared sensor on the top for remote function, hybrid dual SIM slot, USB Type-C port, NFC support and packs a 4000mAh battery with support for fast charging. The box of the handset also transforms into a VR headset.
Honor 8 Pro Specifications:
- 5.7-inch Quad HD (2560 × 1440 pixels) IPS LCD 2.5D curved glass display
- HiSilicon Kirin 960 (64-bit) SoC with Octa-Core (4 x 2.4GHz Cortex-A73 + 4 x 1.8GHz Cortex-A53) CPU
- Mali-G71 MP8 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 128GB Internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with EMUI 5.1
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac dual band (2.4GHz & 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/GLONASS/ BDS , NFC, microUSB 2.0, USB Type-C, USB OTG, 3.5mm audio jack
- Dual 12MP+12MP rear cameras with dual-tone LED flash, Laser AF, f/2.2 aperture, [email protected] (4K) video recording
- 8MP front camera, f/2.0 aperture, [email protected] video recording
- Fingerprint, Infrared, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, E-compass, Ambient Light Hall, Gravity sensor
- Non-removable 4000mAh (typical) battery with fast charging (9V/2A)
- Dimensions: 157 × 77.5 × 6.97 mm
- Weight: 184 grams
- Colors: Navy Blue, Midnight Black
The Honor 8 Pro is priced at Rs. 29,999 and will be available exclusively on Amazon.in starting from July 10th at 6PM for Prime users during Prime Day sale along with several launch offers, including 0% EMI, 15% cashback for HDFC card holders and 45GB free 4G data for Vodafone customers for 5 months. Open sale on Amazon will begin July 13th.
Commenting on the launch, P Sanjeev, Vice President Sales, Huawei India-Consumer Business Group, said:
“Honor is committed to scale new heights of product innovation and customer centricity through its products. We are focused on embedding powerful features in our devices at an affordable price to accommodate consumers’ lifestyle. With the Honor 8 Pro, we set out to push the boundaries on all fronts. The Honor 8 Pro offers market-leading specifications by pushing the boundary of smartphone design, providing 2K display, extra-long battery life, dual camera setup and delivering powerful performance to ensure best experiences across the scenarios that today’s smartphone users care most about. Honor can do this like no other due to its unique e-commerce business model and world-class R&D capabilities.”