ASUS has finally launched the ZenFone AR smartphone in India. It was announced back in January this year and is compatible with both Tango AR (Augmented Reality) platform and Google’s Daydream VR (Virtual Reality) platform. It packs a 5.7-inch Quad-HD Super AMOLED display, is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 (64-bit) Quad-Core processor coupled with 8GB of RAM, has 128GB (UFS 2.0) of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat) with Zen UI 3.0 on top.
It has a triple camera system on the back, including a 23-megapixel main camera, a motion tracking camera and a depth sensing camera that supports Tango’s 3D mapping technology. The main camera captures the background and also takes pictures and videos, the depth sensor calculates the distance of the objects in the room and the motion sensor tracks the motion of objects in view. The compact arrangement of all the sensors makes the ZenFone AR the most compact Tango-enabled smartphone on the market. It also has Asus TriTech Auto-Focus System that uses PDAF, laser auto-focus and subject-tracking auto-focus for quick focus in just 0.03-second. On the front it has an 8-megapixel camera with f/2.0 aperture and 85-degree wide-viewing angle lens.
It also comes with a new “immersive” 5-magnet speaker that supports High-Res Audio and DTS virtual surround sound. It has a fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button that can unlock the phone even if your fingers are wet.
Asus ZenFone AR specifications:
- 5.7-inch Quad-HD (2560 x 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 (64-bit) SoC with 2.3GHz Quad-Core CPU
- Adreno 530 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 128GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage, expandable storage up to 2TB via microSD card
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with Zen UI 3.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro+nano/microSD)
- 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz & 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, GPS, micro USB 2.0, USB Type-C, USB OTG
- 3.5mm audio jack, DTS Headphone: X 7.1 virtual surround sound, Hi-Res Audio 192kHz/24-bit standard, NXP Smart AMP technology, built-in Mono 5-magnet speaker, ASUS SonicMaster 3.0
- 23MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX318 sensor, 6P Largan lens, f/2.0 aperture, 4-axis OIS, 3-axis EIS, PDAF, Laser AF, 4K (3840 x 2160) video recording
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 85-degree wide angle lens, 1080p video recording
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyroscope, Ambient light, E-Compass, Hall sensor
- Non-removable 3300mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Dimensions: 158.67 x 77.7 x 8.95 mm
- Weight: 170 grams
- Color: Black with leather back
The Asus Zenfone AR is priced at Rs. 49,999 and is exclusively available on Flipkart online store. Customers will also get Rs. 2500 off on the purchase of Google Daydream headset as well as up to 100GB of Jio 4G data.