Micromax’s sub-brand Yu has launched YUREKA BLACK, the company’s latest budget smartphone in India. It packs a 5-inch Full HD (1080p) 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, is powered by a Snapdragon 430 (64-bit) Octa-Core processor (Mobile Platform) coupled with 4GB of RAM, has 32GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow), which will be upgraded to Android 7.0 (Nougat) soon.
In terms of camera, it sports a 13-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX258 sensor, dual-LED Flash and an 8-megapixel selfie camera with Flash. It also features a unibody metal design, fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button to unlock the phone in just 0.2 seconds, notification LED light, hybrid dual SIM slot and packs a 3000mAh battery.
YU YUREKA BLACK specifications:
- 5-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS LCD 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Qualcomm MSM8937 Snapdragon 430 (64-bit) SoC with Octa-Core ( 4 x 1.2GHz Cortex-A53 + 4 x 1.5GHz Cortex-A53) CPU
- Adreno 505 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 32GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano/microSD)
- 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, micro USB 2.0, USB OTG
- FM Radio, 3.5mm headphone jack
- 13MP rear camera with dual-LED Flash, Sony IMX258 sensor, PDAF, 1080p video recording
- 8MP front camera with Flash
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Proximity, Ambient light sensor
- Non-removable 3000mAh battery
- Dimensions: 142.5 × 69.9 × 8.73 mm
- Weight: 150 grams
- Colors: Chrome Black, Matte Black
The YU YUREKA BLACK is priced at Rs. 8,999 and will be exclusively available from Flipkart starting midnight of June 6th.
Commenting on the launch Shubhodip Pal, Chief Marketing and Chief Commercial Officer, Micromax Informatics said:
“Most of the consumers in the age group of 18-25 years felt that all the smartphones in the sub 10K category look almost the same. With Yureka Black, we are targeting these consumers who believe that the phones should be a reflection of their personality and are looking for smartphones which is not just strong in the hardware front but are aesthetically great looking as well. Hence, we have worked towards making a difference in the design language of the smartphone to align them with the evolving needs of new-age consumer, and addressing them before anyone else in the eco-system. The launch of Yureka Black is a testimony to this vision as we are bringing together the elements of unmatched design, style and performance in one device.
We are super excited to join hands with Flipkart yet again as this would help us reach out to the young hyper social consumers. With Yureka we ushered in a smartphone revolution and with the successor of the iconic smartphone, we aim to continue our pursuits to breach barriers and reach newer heights in the online smartphone category.”