OnePlus just introduced its latest flagship smartphone, the OnePlus 5 on the global stage. The phone packs a 5.5-inch Full-HD (1080p) Optic AMOLED 2.5D display with DCI-P3 color coverage (as seen on the iPhone 7 and Galaxy S8) and has Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, is powered by a Snapdragon 835 (64-bit) Octa-Core Mobile Platform paired with huge 6GB / 8GB of RAM, has 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage with two-lane ROM that is up to 26% faster in everything from installation speeds to loading graphic-intensive games, and runs on Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with Oxygen OS on top.
In terms of camera, the OnePlus 5 comes with Dual rear camera setup, which is claimed the “highest resolution dual-camera system on a smartphone today”. It features a 16-megapixel primary camera (Sony IMX398 sensor, 1.12-micron pixels) with wide-angle lens, large f/1.7 aperture (capture 34% more light than the OnePlus 3T) along with a 20-megapixel secondary telephoto camera (Sony IMX350 sensor, 1-micron pixels) with an f/2.6 aperture to capture depth information for depth-of-field (bokeh) effect that blurs backdrops in portrait mode, and offers 2x Optical zoom and up to 8x Virtual zoom using a multi-frame software algorithm. On the front it sports a 16-megapixel front camera (Sony IMX371 sensor, 1-micron pixels) with f/2.0 aperture and EIS.
The smartphone is built out of Anodized Aluminum and is the company’s thinnest flagship yet, measuring just 7.25mm. It has a ceramic fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button that can unlock the phone in just 0.2 seconds, and packs a 3300mAh battery with Dash Charge support that promises a full day of battery life in just half an hour of charging.
OnePlus 5 specifications:
- 5.5-inch Full HD (1920×1080 pixels) Optic AMOLED 2.5D curved display with sRGB, DCI-P3 color coverage, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 (64-bit) Mobile Platform with 2.45GHz Octa-Core CPU
- Adreno 540 GPU
- 6GB / 8GB LPDDR4x RAM
- 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with Oxygen OS
- Dual SIM (nano + nano, dual stand-by)
- 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual band (2.4GHz & 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0 aptX HD, GPS/GLONASS/BDS, NFC, micro USB 2.0, USB Type-C, USB OTG
- 3.5mm audio jack, 3 microphones with noise cancellation, Dirac HD Sound
- 16MP rear camera with Sony IMX398 sensor, 1.12μm pixel size, f/1.7 aperture, EIS + Secondary 20MP camera with Sony IMX350 sensor, 1.0μm pixel size, f/2.6 aperture, dual LED Flash, 4K @ 30fps/1080p@60fps/720p@120fps (slow motion) video recording
- 16MP front camera with Sony IMX371 sensor, 1.0μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, EIS, 1080p video recording
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Ambient Light, E-compass, Magnetic-Field, Hall sensor
- Non-removable 3300mAh battery with Dash Charge (5V-4A)
- Dimensions: 154.2 × 74.1 × 7.25mm
- Weight: 153 grams
- Colors: Slate Gray, Midnight Black
The OnePlus 5 is now available for pre-order on OnePlus.net in the U.S. and Europe. Early Drop shipments will begin on June 21 (Wednesday), 6 days before general sales begin on June 27th (Tuesday). Check out the price of the device in different regions below.
|Country/Region||Currency||Price (6GB+64GB)||Price (8GB+128GB)|
It will launch in India on Thursday (June 22) and will go on sale on the same day at 4:30PM exclusively on Amazon.in. We expect the top end version with 8GB RAM to easily cost over Rs.35,000 in India and 6GB RAM version could cost upwards of Rs.31,000.