ZTE’s sub-brand Nubia has announced Nubia Z17, the company’s latest flagship smartphone in China. It has a 5.5-inch Full HD (1080p) two-sided bezel-less display with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass protection, is powered by a Snapdragon 835 (64-bit) Octa-Core processor paired with whooping 8GB / 6GB of LPDDR4X RAM, has 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage and runs on Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with Nubia UI 5.0 on top.
In the camera department, the Z17 features dual 23 MP + 12 MP rear camera setup with Dual Pixel focus (0.03 second), f/1.8 aperture, 1.4μm pixel size, 6P lens and 4K video recording. It supports 2x optical zoom and up to 10x Dynamic zoom, just like the iPhone 7 Plus. On the front it has a 16 MP camera with f/2.0 aperture, 80-degree wide-angle lens and NeoVision 7.0 camera features.
The phone is water resistant with IP67 ratings and it has passed 39 processes for it. It has a unibody metal design, fingerprint sensor on the back, Dolby Atmos speaker for crisp sound, IR blaster for remote control, USB Type-C port and packs a 3200mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 4.0 support that can charge the phone 0% to 50% in just 25 minutes.
Nubia Z17 specifications:
- 5.5-inch Full HD (1920×1080 pixels) IPS LCD display with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass protection, 450 nits brightness, 96% NTSC color gamut
- Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 (64-bit) SoC with 2.45GHz Octa-Core CPU
- Adreno 540 GPU
- 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) Internal storage, expandable up to 256GB via microSD card
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with Nubia UI 5.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual band (2.4GHz & 5GHz) MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS/GLONASS, NFC, micro USB 2.0, USB Type-C, USB OTG
- Dolby Atmos audio
- Dual 23 MP + 12 MP rear cameras with 1.4μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, CMOS sensor, 2x optical zoom, 10x dynamic zoom, dual-tone LED flash, 4K video recording
- 16MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 80-degree wide-angle lens, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Infrared, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Ambient Light, E-compass, Magnetic-Field, Hall sensor
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3200mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 4.0
- Dimensions: 152.60 × 72.38 × 7.6 mm
- Weight: 173 grams
- Colors: Aurora Blue, Black Gold, Obsidian Black, Solar Gold, Flame Red
The Nubia Z17 is priced at CNY 2799 (US$ 411 / Rs. 26,490 approx) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version, CNY 3399 (US$ 499 / Rs. 32,170 approx) for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version and the top-end 8GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs CNY 3999 (US$ 587 / Rs. 37,850 approx). It is now available for pre-order and goes on sale starting from June 6th in China.