Lenovo owned Motorola has announced Moto Z2 Play, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone, and the successor of last year’s Moto Z Play. It packs a 5.5-inch Full HD (1080p) Super AMOLED display, is powered by a Snapdragon 626 (64-bit) Octa-Core processor coupled with 3GB / 4GB of RAM, has 32GB / 64GB of expandable internal storage and runs on 7.1.1 (Nougat).
It has a 12-megapixel rear camera with f/1.7 aperture, Dual-Pixel autofocus, Laser autofocus and dual-tone LED flash that promises good low-light shots. On the front it sports a 5-megapixel camera with a dual-tone LED flash for capturing better selfies in low-light conditions.
It comes with a water repellent nano-coating 5.99mm ultra-slim metal unibody design and packs a 3000mAh battery with Turbo Charging support that lets you charge the phone up to 50% in just 20 minutes. It also features Moto Mod connectors on the back, similar to the other Moto Z series smartphones.
Moto Z2 Play specifications:
- 5.5-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) Super AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 626 (64-bit) SoC with 2.2GHz Octa-core CPU
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB / 4GB LPDDR3 RAM
- 32GB / 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 2TB via microSD card
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- Single SIM / Dual SIM (market dependent)
- 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, GPS/GLONASS, micro USB 3.1, USB Type-C, USB OTG, Moto Mods connector
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, Front-ported loudspeaker
- 12MP rear camera with Dual-Pixel Auto focus, Laser Auto focus, f/1.7 aperture, dual-tone LED Flash, 4K video recording
- 5MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyroscope, Ambient light, E-Compass sensors
- Water repellent nano-coating
- Non-removable 3000mAh battery with Turbo charging
- Dimensions: 156.2 x 76.2 x 5.99 mm
- Weight: 145 grams
- Colors: Lunar Gray, Nimbus Blue, Fine Gold
Motorola also revealed four new Mods for its Z-series of smartphones, including the JBL SoundBoost 2, Moto TurboPower Pack, Moto GamePad and the Moto Style Shells with Wireless Charging.
The JBL SoundBoost 2 comes with 10 hours of playtime built right into it. It has water-repellent coating and has fabric body. The Moto TurboPower pack brings Motorola’s quick charging features to a portable Mod. It packs a 3490mAh battery and can charge the phone at 15W speeds (up to 50% in just 20 minutes). It also has a dedicated button on the back along with LED indicators.
The new Moto Gamepad Mod adds physical gaming controls to the phone for hardcore mobile gamers. The Moto Style Shells also come in a variety of colors and finishes, and they support 10W fast wireless charging with compatible chargers.
The Moto Z2 Play price starts at $499 (Rs. 32,130 approx) in the US, where it will go on sale this summer. The JBL SoundBoost 2, TurboPower Pack and GamePad will sell for $79.99 (Rs. 5,150 approx), while the Moto Style Shell with Wireless Charging costs US$39.99 (Rs. 2,575 approx). These new Moto Mods will also be available globally this summer.