HTC today launched its latest flagship smartphone, the HTC U11 in India. It was introduced last month and packs a 5.5-inch Quad HD Super LCD 5 3D glass display with Gorilla Glass 5 protection, is powered by a Snapdragon 835 (64-bit) Octa-Core processor paired with 6GB of RAM, has 128GB expandable internal storage and runs on Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with HTC Sense UI on top.
The main highlight of the smartphone is it comes with a new standout feature called ‘Edge Sense’ that lets you squeeze the phone in order to launch any application. So you can open the camera, send text messages, open email and more just by squeezing the U11’s frame. It also lets you activate advanced touch and use a short squeeze as well as a squeeze and hold for even more functionality.
It also features HTC Sense Companion software that uses an AI to learn about you and offer intelligent suggestions, based on what you do and your use of the device.
As for camera, it has 12-megapixel HTC UltraPixel 3-branded camera on the back with 1.4 micron pixel size, f/1.7 aperture, multi-axis optical image stabilization (OIS), dual LED flash, and 4K video recording. HTC says that the camera beats the Google Pixel by achieving DxOMark score of 90, the highest ever rating for a smartphone camera for both photo and video. It also has Auto HDR Boost that offers clearer, more balanced pictures by taking multiple shots that measure the darkest shadows and brightest highlights without any slowdown. On the front it sports a 16-megapixel camera with Selfie Panorama mode and Full HD video recording.
The U11 has liquid glass surface crafted using Optical Spectrum Hybrid Deposition. HTC says that it is created by layering highly-refractive precious minerals across the phone’s back cover, creating vivid new colors that transform light. It is also dust and water-resistant with IP57 ratings.
It has USB Type-C audio and the new HTC USonic combines Active Noise Cancellation with the ability to tune audio to your unique hearing. It uses built-in microphones on the headset and USB Type-C data connectivity. USonic earbuds map inner ear with an advanced sonar-like technology and then adapt the sound profile to your unique biology.
The HTC BoomSound Hi-Fi Edition speakers promises more loudness and better Dynamic Range Audio, and 4 optimally positioned omni-directional microphones that are always listening, and when shooting video with Acoustic Focus, you can visually zoom in to target your subject and amplify their specific sounds. It is also Hi-Res Audio certified.
HTC U11 specifications:
- 5.5-inch Quad HD (1440 x 2560 pixels) Super LCD 5 display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835 (64-bit) SoC with 2.45GHz Octa-Core CPU
- Adreno 540 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB Internal storage, expandable up to 2TB via microSD card
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with HTC Sense UI
- HTC Edge Sense, HTC Sense Companion
- 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual band (2.4GHz & 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, micro USB 3.1, USB Type-C 1.0, USB OTG
- USB Type-C audio, HTC BoomSound Hi-Fi edition, HTC USonic, 3D Audio recording with 4 mics, Hi-Res audio certified
- 12MP (HTC Ultrapixel 3) rear camera with 1.4µm pixel size, f/1.7 aperture, PDAF, OIS, RAW support, dual LED flash, 4K video recording with 3D Audio, Hi-Res stereo recording, and Acoustic Focus, 120fps slow motion video at 1080p
- 16MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, Selfie Panorama mode, 1080p video recording
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Ambient Light, E-compass, Magnetic-Field, Hall sensor
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 (50% in 30 min)
- Water and dust resistant (IP57)
- Dimensions: 153.9 x 75.9 x 7.9mm
- Weight: 169 grams
- Colors: Amazing Silver, Brilliant Black
The HTC U11 is priced at Rs. 51,990 and will be available across the country from the last week of June through offline stores as well as Amazon.in online store. Pre-orders on HTC e-store will start from tomorrow, 17th June and customers who pre-order will get a free HTC flip-cover worth Rs. 1,999.