Huawei’s sub-brand Honor has announced its latest flagship smartphone, the Honor 9 at an event in China. It packs a 5.15-inch Full-HD (1080p) 2.5D curved glass display with DCI-P3 color space (also used on the iPhone 7 and Galaxy S8), is powered by a HiSilicon Kirin 960 (64-bit) Octa-Core processor coupled with 4GB / 6GB of RAM, has 64GB / 128GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat) with EMUI 5.1 on top.
In the camera department, it has dual camera on the back – a 20MP camera along with a 12MP camera for 2x optical zoom, portrait and bokeh modes, and Laser auto-focus for quick focus. On the front it sports an 8MP selfie camera with f/2.0 aperture.
It has a 3D metal and glass body that changes color when light is reflected on it, fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button, AKM Hi-Fi audio chip for an enhanced audio, USB Type-C port and packs a 3200mAh battery with support for fast charging.
Honor 9 specifications:
- 5.1-inch Full-HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS-NEO LCD 2.5d curved glass display, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- HiSilicon Kirin 960 (64-bit) SoC with Octa-Core (4 x 2.4GHz Cortex-A73 + 4 x 1.8GHz Cortex-A53) CPU + i6 co-processor
- Mali-G71 MP8 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB via microSD card
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with EMUI 5.1
- Hybird Dual SIM (nano SIM + nano SIM / microSD)
- 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz & 5GHz), DLNA, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, NFC, GPS/GLONASS/BDS, microUSB 2.0, USB Type-C, USB OTG
- 3.5mm audio jack, AKM Hi-Fi audio chip
- 20MP + 12MP Dual rear cameras with 2x optical zoom, dual-tone LED flash, Laser AF, PDAF, CAF, f/2.2 aperture, 4K video recording
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Ambient Light, E-Compass, Hall sensor
- Non-removable 3200mAh battery with fast charging
- Dimensions: 147.3 x 70.9 x 7.45 mm
- Weight: 155 grams
- Colors: Blue, Amber Gold, Gray, Black
The Honor 9 is priced at CNY 2299 (US$ 338 / Rs. 21,780 approx) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version, CNY 2699 (US$ 397 / Rs. 25,580 approx) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the top-end 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs CNY 2999 (US$ 441 / Rs. 28,415 approx). It will be available from June 16th at Vmall, JD and other six Chinese retailers.