Along with the Redmi 4 budget smartphone, Xiaomi has launched Mi Router 3C, its latest budget router and company’s first networking product in India. It is a 2×2 2.4GHz 802.11 b/g/n router, comes with 4 high-performance antennas, two to transmit and two to receive and supports up to 300Mbps transmission speed.
It has 16MB flash storage for firmware updates and 64MB DDR2 RAM, which Xiaomi claims eight times more than typical routers have. On the back it has 2x 10/100Mbps LAN ports and 1x 10/100Mbps WAN port. It has 80m Wi-Fi range and supports 64 connected devices.
Perhaps the best part is the Mi Wi-Fi app, which is available for both Android and iOS. The app makes it easy to setup the router even for novice users and also makes all its features more accessible. The app also includes features such as real-time monitoring, parental controls, guest sharing (so that you don’t have to share your password with other), and Wi-Fi boost.
Xiaomi Mi Router 3C Highlights:
- 2×2 2.4GHz 802.11 b/g/n
- Up to 300Mbps transmission speed
- MediaTek MT7628N processor
- 64MB DDR2 RAM
- 16MB ROM
- 4 copper + PCB external omni directional antennas
- 80m WiFi range, Up to 64 connected devices
- MiWiFi OS (Based on OpenWRT)
- Real time monitoring, parental controls, guest sharing, Wi-Fi boost with Mi WiFi app on Android and iOS
- 2x 10/100Mbps LAN port, 1x 10/100Mbps RJ45 WAN port, 1x Power port
- Red/Blue/Yellow LED indicator
- White color
The Xiaomi Mi Router 3C is priced at Rs. 1,199 and will be available from mi.com starting from May 23rd, 12 noon. It will be also available from Flipkart and Amazon.in from June 8th.