Xiaomi just announced Mi Max 2, its latest mid-range phablet and the successor of last year’s Mi Max at an event in China. It packs the same 6.44-inch Full HD (1080p) 2.5D curved glass display as the predecessor, but this has 0.7mm ultra narrow bezel on the side. It is powered by Snapdragon 625 (64-bit) 14nm Octa-Core processor paired with 4GB of RAM, has 64GB / 128GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 7.1 (Nougat) with MIUI 8 on top.
As for camera, it has an improved 12-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX386 sensor, 1.25μm pixel size, PDAF and dual-tone LED flash. On the front it sports a 5-megapixel selfie shooter with 85-degree wide-angle lens and f/2.0 aperture.
It has a full metal unibody design with rounded edges and iPhone 7 like antenna bands on the top and bottom. It has dual stereo speakers, a fingerprint sensor on the back, hybrid dual SIM slot, NFC connectivity and packs a huge 5300mAh battery with support for Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging that lets you charge the phone up to 68% in one hour. It has dual charging module that offers better heat dispersion. It promises up to 18 hours of video playback or 57 hours of talk time on a single charge.
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 Specifications:
- 6.44-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS LCD 2.5D curved glass display with 450nits brightness, 1000 : 1 contrast ratio, 72% NTSC color gamut
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 (64-bit) SoC with 2.0GHz Octa-Core Cortex-A53 CPU
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB internal storage, expandable up to 128 GB via microSD card
- MIUI 8 based on Android 7.1 (Nougat)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro+nano/microSD)
- 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual band (MIMO), Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, GPS/GLONASS, micro USB 2.0, USB Type-C, USB OTG
- 3.5mm audio jack, dual stereo speakers
- 12MP rear camera with Sony IMX386 sensor, 1.25μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, phase detection auto-focus (PDAF), dual-tone LED Flash, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front camera with 85-degree wide-angle lens, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Infrared, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, E-compass, Ambient Light sensor
- Non-removable Li-Ion 5300mAh (typical) / 5200mAh (minimum) battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Dimensions: 174.1 × 88.7 × 7.6 mm
- Weight: 211 grams
- Color: Golden
The Xiaomi Mi Max 2 is priced at CNY 1699 (US$ 247 / Rs.15,949 approx) for the 4GB RAM with 64GB Storage version and the 4GB RAM with 128GB storage version costs CNY 1999 (US$ 290 / Rs. 18,770 approx). It will go on sale in China from June 1st.