Micromax just launched Canvas 2 (2017), its latest mid-range smartphone in the Canvas-series in India. The company is using the same Canvas 2 name that was introduced back in 2012. It has a 5-inch HD (720p) display with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, is powered by a MediaTek MT6737 (64-bit) Quad-core processor paired with 3GB of RAM, has 16GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat).
It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED Flash, 5-megapixel front camera, fingerprint sensor on the front, dedicated dual SIM and microSD card slots and packs a non-removable 3050mAh battery.
Micromax Canvas 2 2017 specifications:
- 5-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS LCD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- MediaTek MT6737 (64-bit) SoC with 1.3GHz Quad-core CPU
- Mali-T720 MP1 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage, expandable up to 64GB via microSD card
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM (micro + micro, dual stand-by)
- 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, micro USB 2.0, USB OTG
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, LED Flash, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 4P lens, 84.3-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Proximity, Ambient light sensor
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- Non-removable 3050mAh battery
- Color: Chrome Black, Champagne
The Micromax Canvas 2 2017 is priced at Rs. 11,999 and is available from offline stores across the country. It comes with free 1GB 4G data per day and unlimited calling to any network in India for one year for Airtel users and 1 Year of screen replacement guarantee.