Coolpad has launched its latest mid-range smartphone in the new Cool Play-series, called the Cool Play 6 in China. It packs a 5.5-inch Full HD (1080p) 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by a Snapdragon 653 (64-bit) Octa-Core processor paired with massive 6GB of RAM, has 64GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 7.1.1 Nougat with Cool UI on top.
In terms of camera, it comes with dual rear camera setup – 13MP + 13MP with f/2.0 aperture, phase detection auto-focus (PDAF), dual-tone LED flash, and has an 8-megapixel front camera with f/2.2 aperture.
It also has a unibody metal design, fingerprint sensor on the back, USB Type-C port and packs a huge 4060mAh battery with support for fast charging that is promises to deliver up to 252 hours on standby, 9 hours of internet browsing, 8 hours of video watching and 6 hours of extreme gaming.
Coolpad Cool Play 6 specifications:
- 5.5-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS LCD In-Cell touch 2.5D curved glass display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 653 (64-bit) Octa-Core processor
- Adreno 510 GPU
- 6GB RAM
- 64GB (eMMC5.1) internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with Cool UI
- Dual SIM (dual stand-by)
- 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz & 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, micro USB 2.0, USB Type-C, USB OTG, 3.5mm audio jack
- 13MP + 13MP dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, [email protected] & [email protected] (slow motion) video recording
- 8MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 80-degree wide-angle lens, 1080p video recording
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyroscope, Ambient light, E-Compass sensor
- Non-removable 4060mAh battery with fast charging
- Dimensions: 152 x 75.20 x 8.45 mm
- Weight: 170 grams
- Color: Black, Gold
The Coolpad Cool Play 6 is priced at CNY 1,499 (Rs. 14,000 approx) in China and it will go on sale in the country starting from May 16. There is no information yet on when the smartphone will launch in other markets.