Xiaomi has announced Mi Pad 3, successor of Mi Pad 2 that was introduced back in 2015. It has the same 7.9-inch (2048 × 1536 pixels) display as the first two Mi Pad tablets, but the Intel processor has been replaced by MediaTek MT8176 (64bit) Hexa-core processor. It has 4GB of RAM, 64GB of internal storage and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with MIUI 8 on top.
It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, 5-megapixel front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 6.95mm slim unibody metal curved edge design – same as the predecessor, and packs a 6600mAh battery with support for fast charging. It promises up to 12 hours of video playback and up to 867 hours of standby.
Xiaomi Mi Pad 3 specifications:
- 7.9-inch (2048 × 1536 pixels) IPS LCD retina display at 326 PPI
- MediaTek MT8176 (64bit) SoC with Hexa-core (2 x 2.1GHz + 4 x 1.7GHz) CPU
- IMG GX6250 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR3 RAM
- 64GB (eMMC 5.0) Internal storage
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with MIUI 8
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (dual-band), Wi-Fi display, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, micro USB 2.0, USB Type-C, USB OTG
- 3.5mm audio jack, dual loudspeaker
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 6400mAh (minimum) / 6600mAh (typical) battery with fast charging
- Dimensions: 200.4 × 132.6 × 6.95 mm
- Weight: 328 grams
- Color: Champagne Gold
The Xiaomi Mi Pad 3 is priced at CNY 1499 (US$ 217 / Rs. 14,120 approx) and will go on sale in China from today on Mi.com.