Last week Xiaomi confirmed with a teaser that its Mi 6 flagship smartphone will be officially unveiled on 19th April. Now the company has confirmed that the smartphone will feature curved display, dual rear cameras and 6GB of RAM.
According to earlier rumors the Mi 6 will come in 4GB RAM with 64GB storage and 6GB RAM with 128GB storage variants. Xiaomi is also expected to introduce a larger variant of the smartphone – Mi 6 Plus with a larger Quad HD display and a bigger battery.
Apart from the specs, there are also live images of the smartphone surfaced online that shows a glass back design, absence of the 3.5mm audio jack, loudspeaker on the bottom, fingerprint sensor on the front, dual rear cameras and an infrared sensor on the top.
Xiaomi Mi 6 & Mi 6 Plus rumored specifications:
- Mi 6 – 5.15-inch Full HD (1920×1080 pixels) IPS LCD pressure-sensitive display, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Mi 6 Plus – 5.7-inch Quad HD IPS LCD pressure-sensitive display, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 (64-bit) SoC with Octa-Core CPU
- Adreno 540 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 64GB /128GB / 256GB (Mi 6 Plus) internal storage
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with MIUI
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz & 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, micro USB 2.0, USB Type-C, USB OTG
- 12MP + 8MP dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED flash, OIS, 4K video recording
- 8MP front camera, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Ambient Light, Magnetic Field, Hall sensor
- 3000mAh battery (Mi 6), 3500mAh battery (Mi 6 Plus)
Mi 6 & Mi 6 Plus rumored price:
- 4GB RAM + 64GB storage = 2,199 Yuan ($318 approx)
- 6GB RAM + 128GB storage = 2,599 Yuan ($376 approx)
Mi 6 Plus
- 6GB RAM + 64GB storage = 2,699 Yuan ($390 approx)
- 6GB RAM + 128GB storage = 3,099 Yuan ($448 approx)
- 6GB RAM + 256GB storage = 3,699 Yuan ($535 approx)