Sony Mobile has launched the Xperia XZs, its latest high-end smartphone and successor of the last year’s Xperia XZ smartphone in India, as it had promised. It was introduced at the MWC 2017 event in Barcelona back in February, and packs a 5.2-inch Full HD (1080p) display, is powered by Snapdragon 820 (64-bit) Quad-Core processor coupled with 4GB of RAM, has 64GB of expandable internal storage, and runs on Android 7.1 (Nougat).
As for camera, it has a new 19-megapixel Motion Eye rear camera with 1/2.3″ Exmor RS memory stacked sensor, Predictive Capture, Anti-distortion shutter, Triple image sensing technology, 5-axis image stabilization for shake-free videos, 4K and 960fps slow-motion video recording. On the front it has a 13-megapixel camera with 1/3″ Exmor RS sensor, 22mm wide-angle lens, f/2.0 aperture and 1080p video recording. It also has a dedicated camera shutter button, similar to the predecessor.
It comes with IP65/68 ratings for dust and water resistance, fingerprint sensor embedded into the power button and packs a 2900mAh battery with Qnovo’s Adaptive Charging technology.
Sony Xperia XZs specifications:
- 5.2-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS LCD TRILUMINOS Display with X-Reality Engine, Dynamic Contrast Enhancer, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 (64-bit) SoC with Quad-core (2 x 2.15GHz Kryo & 2 x 1.6GHz Kryo) CPU
- Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB via microSD card
- Android 7.1 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM (dual stand-by)
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz & 5GHz), MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, GPS/ GLONASS, microUSB 2.0, USB Type-C, USB OTG
- 3.5mm audio jack, DSEE HX, LDAC, Digital Noise Cancelling
- 19MP Motion Eye rear camera with Exmos RS sensor, 1/2.3″ sensor size, Predictive capture, PDAF, EIS, 5-axis stabilization, LED flash, [email protected] / [email protected] video recording
- 13MP front camera with 1/3″ Exmor RS sensor, 22mm wide-angle lens, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, E-compass, Ambient Light, Barometer, Color spectrum sensor
- Non-removable Li-Ion 2900mAh battery with Qnovo’s Adaptive Charging technology
- Dimensions: 146 x 72 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 161 grams
- Colors: Ice Blue, Warm Silver, Black
The Sony Xperia XZs is priced at Rs. 49,990. It will be available for pre-order starting from today, 4th April till 11th April at all Sony Center, select retail outlets and online exclusively on Flipkart and will be available from April 11th. Those who pre-book the smartphone get a free Wireless Bluetooth Speaker SRS-XB10 worth Rs. 4,990.