Samsung just launched its latest flagship smartphones, the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ in India, as it had promised. These smartphones were announced last month in New York and pack a 5.8-inch and 6.2-inch Quad HD+ (1440 x 2960 pixels) Super AMOLED Infinity Display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on the front and the back. These are powered by Exynos 9 Series 8895 (64-bit) Octa-Core processor paired with 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, have 64GB of expandable internal storage and run Android 7.0 (Nougat) with Samsung UI on top.
The flagship duo also have Iris scanner on the front, fingerprint sensor on the back, Bixby AI assistant with dedicated hardware button that promises more personalized experience to enhance the way people interact with their phones and the world around them, Samsung Pay, and water resistant body – up to 1.5 meters of water for 30 minutes with IP68 ratings.
As for camera, both the phones have 12-megapixel rear camera with Dual Pixel sensor that captures multiple exposures to raise image quality, and 8-megapixel auto-focus camera on the front.
Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ specifications:
- S8 – 5.8-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Always-on Infinity display, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- S8+ – 6.2-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440 pixels) Super AMOLED Always-on Infinity display, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Samsung Exynos 9 Series 8895 (64-bit) SoC with Octa-core (4 x 2.3GHz + 4 x 1.7GHz) CPU
- Mali-G71 MP20 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 64GB Internal storage (UFS 2.1), expandable up to 256 GB via microSD card slot
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 4G LTE Cat16 (1GBps), 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, Dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth v5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), A-GPS/GLONASS/BDS/ GALILEO, NFC, microUSB 3.1, USB Type-C, USB OTG
- 3.5mm audio jack, Hi-Res Audio, Stereo loudspeakers, FM Radio
- Ultra High Quality Audio Playback – PCM: Up to 32 bits; DSD: DSD64/128
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with 1/2.55″ sensor size, 1.4µm pixel size, 26mm lens, f/1.7 aperture, OIS, LED Flash, 4K (2160p) video recording
- 8MP auto-focus front camera with 1/3.6″ sensor size, 1.22µm pixel size, f/1.7 aperture, 80-degree wide-angle lens, Auto HDR, 1080p
- Water and dust resistant body (IP68)
- Fingerprint, Heart Rate, Iris scanner, Accelerometer, Proximity, Gyroscope, RGB Light, Barometer, Geomagnetic, Hall, Pressure Sensors
- Dimensions: S8 – 148.9 x 68.1 x 8.0 mm; S8+ – 159.5 x 73.4 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: S8 – 152 grams; S8+ – 173 grams
- Battery: S8 – Non-removable 3000mAh battery; S8+ – Non-removable 3500mAh battery. Fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
- Colors: S8 – Midnight Black, Maple Gold; S8+ – Midnight Black, Coral Blue, Maple Gold
The Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ are priced at Rs. 57,900 and Rs. 64,900 respectively and they are exclusively available for pre-order on Flipkart and Samsung Shop, and goes on sale from 5th May.
All pre-bookings customers will get a free Convertible Wireless Charger and all the S8 and S8+ users get a Double Data offer from Jio on recharge of Rs. 309 (448 GB of 4G data over 8 months).
Commenting on the launch, Asim Warsi, Senior Vice President, Mobile Business, Samsung India, said:
“The stunning Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ come with new design innovations alongside cutting-edge technology that includes a revolutionary camera, the industry’s first 10nm processor, Bixby and robust Phone+ offerings. These devices will offer our consumers a gateway to a new mobile life where the power of innovation will carry them beyond barriers.”