Today Lenovo has launched its latest mid-range smartphone under the Moto-brand, the Moto G5 in India, soon after the launch of Moto G5 Plus smartphone in the country. It was introduced at the Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2017 event in Barcelona back in February and comes with a 5-inch Full HD (1080p) display, is powered by a Snapdragon 430 (64-bit) Octa-Core processor paired with 3GB of RAM, has 16GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat).
In terms of camera, it has a 13-megapixel rear camera with Phase detection auto-focus (PDAF) and LED flash, and on the front it has a 5-megapixel camera with OmniVision OV5695 sensor and f/2.2 aperture, same as G5 Plus.
It has a fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button, water repellent nano-coating, dedicated dual SIM slots, dedicated microSD card slot and packs a 2800mAh battery with rapid charging support. Unlike the Moto G5 Plus, the Moto G5 has a removable back cover as well as removable battery.
Moto G5 specifications:
- 5-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS LCD display with Corning Gorilla glass 3 protection
- Qualcomm MSM8937 Snapdragon 430 (64-bit) SoC with 1.4GHz Octa-Core CPU
- Adreno 505 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM (dual stand-by)
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/GLONASS, micro USB 2.0, USB OTG
- FM Radio, 3.5mm audio jack, Front-ported loudspeaker
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front camera with OmniVision OV5693 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p
- Metal body, Water repellent nano-coating
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Proximity, Ambient light, E-Compass sensor
- 2800mAh battery with rapid charging
- Dimensions: 144.3 x 73 x 9.5 mm
- Weight: 145 grams
- Colors: Lunar Grey, Fine Gold
The Moto G5 is priced at Rs. 11,999 and it will be exclusively available on Amazon.in starting from today midnight. Amazon Prime customers will get Rs. 1000 back in Amazon Pay balance and HDFC credit card users will get flat Rs. 1000 cashback. Early buyers will also get 16GB micro SD card along with the smartphone.