The Chinese smartphone maker Meizu today announced E2, its latest mid-range smartphone in the E-series in China. It packs a 5.5-inch Full HD (1080p) 2.5D curved edge display, is powered by a MediaTek Helio P20 (64-bit) Octa-Core processor paired with 3GB/4GB of RAM, has 32GB/64GB of expandable internal storage and runs on YunOS with Flyme OS 6.0 on top.
It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with 4-LED dual-tone flash arranged in the antenna bands that promises bright and clear images even in poor lighting conditions, and on the front it has an 8-megapixel camera with f/2.0 aperture.
It comes with a unibody metal design, mTouch 2.1 fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button that can unlock the phone in just 0.2 seconds and can also be used for secure payments, hybrid dual SIM slot that lets you use the second SIM slot as a microSD card slot when required and packs a 3400mAh battery with support for fast charging that can charge the phone up to 40% in just 30 minutes.
Meizu E2 specifications:
- 5.5-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS LCD 2.5D curved glass display
- MediaTek Helio P20 (64-bit) SoC with Octa-Core 2.3GHz CPU
- Mali-T880 GPU
- 3GB / 4GB LPDDR4X RAM
- 32GB / 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card
- YunOS with Flyme OS 6.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz + 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/GLONASS, microUSB 2.0, USB OTG, 3.5mm audio jack
- 13MP rear camera with 4-LED dual tone flash, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, 1080p video recording
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 1.4μm pixel size, 720p
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Proximity, E-compass, Ambient Light sensor
- Non-removable 3400mAh battery with fast charging
- Dimensions: 153.7 x 75.7 x 7.5mm
- Weight: 155 grams
- Colors: Black, Moonlight Silver, Champagne Gold
The Meizu E2 is priced at 1299 Yuan (US$ 188 / Rs. 12,070 approx) for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version and the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs 1599 Yuan (US$ 230 / Rs. 14,870 approx). It is available for order from today and goes on sale from April 29th in China.