LG has launched its latest flagship G6 smartphone at an event in India, as it had promised. It was introduced at MWC 2017 event in Barcelona back in February and sports a QHD+ (1440 × 2880 pixels) LCD FullVision display with a 18:9 aspect ratio and narrow bezels on the side which offers more room for the display, is powered by a Sanpdragon 821 (64-bit) Quad-Core processor paired with 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, has 64GB (UFS 2.0) expandable internal storage and runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat) with LG UX 6.0 on top. It is also the first smartphone outside the Pixel range to come with the Google Assistant.
In terms of camera, it packs dual rear cameras – 13MP + 13MP with dual-tone LED flash, OIS 2.0, manual mode, 71-degree-wide angle lens for primary camera and 125-degree lens for secondary camera, and on the front it has a 5-megapixel camera with 100-degree wide angle lens.
The G6 features a metal frame that is sandwiched between two Corning Gorilla glass panels which offers it a premium look, has a fingerprint sensor on the back, IP68 ratings for water and dust resistance that makes it safe to be immersed in up to 1.5 meters of water for as long as 30 minutes and packs a 3300mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 support. It has also passed the MIL-STD 810G standard for durability.
It is also the first smartphone to feature Dolby Vision technology and supports HDR 10. Both of which are standards for High Dynamic Range (HDR), the picture quality technology which allows for a wider range of color and luminosity, wherein both the darkest and the brightest areas are more vivid, revealing greater detail for a truly immersive viewing experience.
LG G6 specifications:
- 5.7-inch QHD+ (1440 × 2880 pixels) IPS LCD Always-on FullVision display with a 18:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821 (64-bit) SoC with Quad-core (2 x 2.35GHz Kryo & 2 x 1.6GHz Kryo) CPU
- Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 64GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage, expandable memory up to 2TB via microSD card
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with LG UX 6.0, Google Assistant
- Hybrid Dual SIM
- 4G LTE Cat.12, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz & 5GHz), DLNA, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, GPS/GLONASS/BDS, microUSB 3.1, USB Type-C, USB OTG
- FM radio, 3.5mm audio jack, 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC, Dolby Vision
- 13MP + 13MP dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED Flash, 1/3″ sensor size, 1.12 µm pixel size, OIS 2.0, 71-degree-wide angle lens, secondary rear camera with 125-degree lens, [email protected] (4K) video recording
- 5MP front camera with 100-degree wide-angle lens, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Ambient Light, E-Compass, Barometer, Magnetic Field, Color spectrum sensor
- Water & Dust resistant body (IP68)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 back panel
- Non-removable 3300mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Dimensions: 148.9 x 71.9 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 163 grams
- Colors: Mystic White, Astro Black, Ice Platinum
The LG G6 is priced at Rs. 51,990 and it will be available from today exclusively on Amazon.in online, and from offline retail stores. Those who purchase it today from Amazon.in also get Rs. 10,000 Amazon cash back.
It also comes with several launch offers, including up to Rs. 7000 cash back (Rs. 5000 for HDFC Bank and SBI Card holders till May 31st and additional Rs. 2000 cash back till 1st May), 50% off on LG Tone Active+ HBS-A100 wireless headset worth Rs. 9,990 and free one time screen replacement within 6 months of purchase. LG is also offering EA Special gifts for 6 fun games worth Rs. 14,100 upon purchasing G6.