Samsung announced the Galaxy Tab S3, successor of the last year’s Galaxy Tab S2 at the MWC 2017 event last month. Now the company has announced the price and availability of this high-end tablet in the U.S. The Tab S3 will be available for pre-order starting from 17th March in the U.S. at Samsung.com and select retailers such as Best Buy and Amazon, and goes on sale from 24th March for $599.99 (Rs. 39,245 approx).
The Tab S3 packs a 9.7-inch Super AMOLED QXGA (2048×1536 pixel) display, is powered by a Snapdragon 820 (64-bit) Quad-core processor paired with 4GB of RAM, has 32GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat) with Samsung’s own UI on top.
It has a 13MP rear camera, 5MP front camera, 4 stereo speakers tuned by AKG (HARMAN), a fingerprint sensor embedded into the home-button and comes with an enhanced S Pen.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 specifications:
- 9.7-inch QXGA (2048×1536 pixel) Super AMOLED display
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 (64-bit) SoC with Quad-Core (2 x 2.15GHz Kryo & 2 x 1.6GHz Kryo) CPU
- Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 32GB internal memory, expandable up to 256GB via microSD card
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Single SIM (optional)
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz/5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/GLONASS/BDS/GALILEO, USB 3.1, USB Type-C, USB OTG
- 3.5mm audio jack, 4 stereo speakers tuned by AKG (HARMAN)
- 13MP rear camera with Auto-focus, LED flash, f/1.9 aperture, 4K video recording
- 5MP front camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, E-compass, Ambient Light sensor
- Non-removable 6000mAh battery with Fast Charging
- Dimensions: 237.3 x 169 x 6mm
- Weight: 429 grams (Wi-Fi only model) / 434 grams (LTE model)
- Colors: Silver, Black
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 keyboard cover will be available separately for $129.99 (Rs. 8,500 approx).