Samsung recently confirmed its Galaxy Unpacked 2017 event on March 29th in New York where it is expected to unveil Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ flagship smartphones. Last week we saw the first press image of the Galaxy S8 smartphone showing off its curved screen with narrow bezels and an iris scanner at the top. Now the smartphone has surfaced in a couple of videos.
It shows a similar design and on the back there is a sticker that says it is confidential and also says it is not for sale.
Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ rumored specifications:
- S8 – 5.8-inch QHD+ (2560×1440 pixels) dual edge curved Super AMOLED pressure sensitive display
- S8+ – 6.2-inch QHD+ (2560×1440 pixels) dual edge curved Super AMOLED pressure sensitive display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Octa-Core SoC / Samsung Exynos 9 Series 8895 SoC (depending on market)
- Adreno 540 / Mali-G71 MP20 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB Internal memory, expandable via microSD card
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- Dual SIM (depending on market)
- 4G LTE (Cat.16) with VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz & 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, NFC, GPS/GLONAS/BeiDou, micro USB, USB Type-C
- 3.5mm headphone jack, FM Radio
- 12-megapixel Dual Pixel rear camera with f/1.7 aperture, 4K video recording
- 8-megapixel front camera with f/1.7 aperture, 1080p
- Water & Dust resistance body (IP68)
- Fingerprint, Iris scanner, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, E-compass, Ambient Light, Heart rate, Barometer sensor
- Samsung DeX, Bixby virtual assistant
- S8 – Non-removable 3000mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
- S8+ – Non-removable 3500mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
The Samsung Galaxy Unpacked 2017 event will take place at 11:00 am EDT (9:30 pm IST) in New York on March 29, 2017. The Galaxy S8 is said to retail for €799 (US$ 850 / Rs. 56,830 approx) and the S8+ is said to cost €899 (US$ 956 / Rs. 63,947 approx). Both the phones are expected to go on sale on April 21. A new report from Korea says that the phones will go on pre-order on April 10th.