Samsung already confirmed its Galaxy Unpacked 2017 event on March 29th in New York where it is expected to unveil Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ flagship smartphones. Now both the smartphones have been certified by the FCC ( Federal Communications Commission) in the U.S.
This reveals SM-G950U, SM-G950U1 and SM-G950W model numbers for the Galaxy S8 and SM-G955U, SM-G955U1 and SM-G955W model numbers for the Galaxy S8+.
Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+ rumored specifications:
- S8 – 5.8-inch QHD+ (2560×1440 pixels) dual edge curved Super AMOLED pressure sensitive display
- S8+ – 6.2-inch QHD+ (2560×1440 pixels) dual edge curved Super AMOLED pressure sensitive display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Octa-Core SoC / Samsung Exynos 9 Series 8895 SoC (depending on market)
- Adreno 540 / Mali-G71 MP20 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB Internal memory, expandable via microSD card
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- Dual SIM (depending on market)
- 4G LTE (Cat.16) with VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz & 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, NFC, GPS/GLONAS/BeiDou, micro USB, USB Type-C
- 3.5mm headphone jack, FM Radio
- 12-megapixel Dual Pixel rear camera with f/1.7 aperture, 4K video recording
- 8-megapixel front camera with f/1.7 aperture, 1080p
- Water & Dust resistance (IP68)
- Fingerprint, Iris scanner, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, E-compass, Ambient Light, Heart rate, Barometer sensor
- Samsung DeX, Bixby virtual assistant
- S8 – Non-removable 3000mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
- S8+ – Non-removable 3500mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
The Samsung Galaxy Unpacked 2017 event will take place at 11:00 am EDT (9:30 pm IST) in New York on March 29, 2017. According to latest reports both these phones will go on pre-order on April 10th and go on sale globally starting from April 28th. The Galaxy S8 is said to retail for €799 (US$ 850 / Rs. 56,830 approx) and the S8+ is said to cost €899 (US$ 956 / Rs. 63,947 approx).