First press render of the upcoming Galaxy S8 flagship smartphone surfaced earlier this month, showing its dual edge curved screen with narrow bezels and an iris scanner at the top, similar to the Galaxy Note7 that would let you unlock the phone using eye recognition. Now more press shots of the Galaxy S8 and S8+ have surfaced, thanks again to @evleaks. These images show the smartphones in Black Sky, Orchid Grey and Arctic Silver colors. It also shows a metal frame and button placements.
According to a latest report, the Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 SoC powered Galaxy S8 duo will be sold in the United States, Japan, and China, whereas the Exynos 8895 SoC powered version will be available in Europe and the rest of Asia. The report also said that models sold in most markets will feature 4GB of RAM, while those sold in Korea and China will sport 6GB of RAM.
Samsung Galaxy S8 & S8+ rumored specifications:
- S8 – 5.8-inch QHD+ (2560×1440 pixels) dual edge curved Super AMOLED pressure sensitive display
- S8+ – 6.2-inch QHD+ (2560×1440 pixels) dual edge curved Super AMOLED pressure sensitive display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Octa-Core SoC / Samsung Exynos 9 Series 8895 SoC (depending on market)
- Adreno 540 / Mali-G71 MP20 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB RAM
- 64GB Internal memory, expandable via microSD card
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- Single SIM / Dual SIM (depending on market)
- 4G LTE (Cat.16) with VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz & 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, NFC, GPS/GLONAS/BeiDou, micro USB, USB Type-C
- 3.5mm headphone jack, FM Radio
- 12-megapixel Dual Pixel rear camera with f/1.7 aperture, 4K video recording
- 8-megapixel front camera with f/1.7 aperture, 1080p
- Water & Dust resistance body (IP68)
- Fingerprint, Iris scanner, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, E-compass, Ambient Light, Heart rate, Barometer sensor
- Samsung DeX, Bixby virtual assistant
- S8 – Non-removable 3000mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
- S8+ – Non-removable 3500mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
Evan also revealed the pricing of the Galaxy S8, S8+, Samsung DeX station, new Gear VR and Gear 360. According to him the Galaxy S8 and the S8+ would be priced at €799 and €899, respectively. The DeX station, GearVR headset, and the Gear 360 camera seem to carry price tags of €150, €129, and €229, respectively.
The Samsung Galaxy Unpacked 2017 event will take place at 11:00 am EDT (9:30 pm IST) in New York on March 29, 2017. According to latest reports both these phones will go on pre-order on April 10 and go on sale globally starting from April 28.