Samsung has announced its latest mid-range smartphone in the Galaxy C-Series, the Galaxy C5 Pro in China. It packs a 5.2-inch Full HD (1080p) Super AMOLED display, is powered by a Snapdragon 626 (64-bit) Octa-Core processor coupled with 4GB of RAM, has 64GB expandable internal storage and runs on Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow) with Samsung’s own UI on top.
It has a 16-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/1.9 aperture and a 16-megapixel front camera with same f/1.9 aperture. It also has a unibody metal design, fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button, USB Type-C port, hybrid dual SIM slot that lets you use the second SIM slot as a microSD card slot when required, comes with Samsung Pay support based on NFC and fingerprint recognition, and packs a 2600mAh battery with support for adaptive fast charging.
Samsung Galaxy C5 Pro specifications:
- 5.2-inch Full HD (1920×1080 pixels) Super AMOLED display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 626 (64-bit) SoC with 2.2GHz Octa-Core CPU
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB Internal Storage, expandable up to 256GB via micro SD card (uses SIM 2 slot)
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, GPS, micro USB 2.0, USB Type-C, USB OTG, 3.5mm audio jack
- 16MP auto-focus rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/1.9 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 16MP front camera with f/1.9 aperture, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, E-compass, Ambient Light sensor
- Non-removable 2600mAh battery with fast cahrging
- Dimensions: 145.7 x 71.4 x 7 mm
- Weight: 145 grams
- Colors: Gold, Blue, Rose Gold
The Samsung Galaxy C5 Pro is priced at CNY 2499 (US$ 360 / Rs. 24,130 approx) in China. It is now available for pre-order and goes on sale later this month.