Micromax just launched Dual 5, its latest mid-ramge smartphone with dual rear camera setup in the new Dual-series. It has two 13-megapixel Sony IMX258 sensors, one with monochrome lens for capturing details and other with RGB (color) lens. A color temperature sensor is used to optimally merge both the shots to create a perfect image. The secondary camera also offers background blur. It has f/1.8 aperture and dual-tone LED flash. On the front it also has another 13-megapixel camera with 1.12-micron pixel Sony sensor, f/2.0 aperture and soft LED flash.
It packs a 5.5-inch Full HD (1080p) Super AMOLED display with ultra thin bezels, is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 (64-bit) Octa-Core processor coupled with 4GB of RAM, has 128GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow).
It comes with a aircraft-grade aluminium unibody design, a customizable key on the left side that lets you assign function to it, fingerprint sensor on the back, USB Type-C port, and a 3200mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 that promises 0 to 95% charge in just 45 minutes.
Micromax said that the Dual 5 has dedicated chip for EAL5 military-grade security and is also theft proof. If the SIM card in the phone is pulled out and the prompted password is not entered within 60 seconds, the phone will lock automatically including all buttons – thus, it can’t be turned off and allows for tracking. After 60 minutes of the SIM removal if no password is entered, the phone will be wiped automatically. Even if someone tries hacking the password or pattern lock, their photo will be taken and sent to a pre-selected number.
Micromax Dual 5 specifications:
- 5.5-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) Super AMOLED display with 100% NTSC color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 652 (64-bit) SoC with Octa-Core (4 x 1.8GHz Cortex A72 + 4 x 1.2GHz A53) CPU
- Adreno 510 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR3 RAM
- 128GB Internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / micro)
- 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (dual-band), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, micro USB 2.0, USB Type-C, USB OTG
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 13MP (monochrome) + 13MP (RGB) dual rear camera with Sony IMX258 sensors, dual-tone LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, 4K video recording
- 13MP front camera with Sony sensor, 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, soft selfie flash, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Infrared, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, E-compass, Ambient Light sensor
- Non-removable 3200mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
- Weighs: 164 grams
- Color: Gold
The Micromax Dual 5 is priced at Rs. 24,999 and it will be available from April 10th through Flipkart, Micromax Store and offline retail stores across India. It comes with Micromax Care App that promises 24 hour service and has 1 year replacement warranty.
Micromax also said it is planning to launch smaller Dual 4 smartphone in the Dual-series soon.