Today Xiaomi has announced its latest budget-friendly smartphone in the Redmi-series, the Redmi 4X in China. It packs a 5-inch HD (720p) 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by a Snapdragon 435 (64-bit) Octa-Core processor coupled with 2GB / 3GB of RAM, has 16GB / 32GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with MIUI 8 on top. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, PDAF and a 5-megapixel front camera.
It also has a unibody metal design, fingerprint sensor on the back and packs a 4100mAh battery that promises up to 15 hours continuous video playback, up to 2 days of usage and up to 18 days standby.
Xiaomi Redmi 4X Specifications:
- 5-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS LCD 2.5D curved glass display with 16M colors
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 (64-bit) SoC with Octa-Core 1.4GHz Cortex A53 CPU
- Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB / 3GB LPDDR3 RAM
- 16GB / 32GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via micro SD card (uses SIM 2 slot)
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with MIUI 8
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano/microSD)
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS/ GLONASS, Micro USB 2.0, USB OTG, 3.5mm audio jack
- 13MP Phase-detection auto-focus (PDAF) rear camera with LED Flash, 5P lens, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Proximity, Light, E-Compass, Gravity sensor
- Non-removable 4100mAh battery
- Dimensions: 139.24 x 69.96 x 8.65 mm
- Weight: 150 grams
- Colors: Cherry Pink, Champagne Gold, Mate Black
The Xiaomi Redmi 4X is priced at CNY 699 (US$ 101 / Rs. 6,790 approx) for the 2GB RAM with 16GB storage version and the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage versions costs CNY 899 (US$ 130 / Rs. 8,730 approx).