Xiaomi just announced Mi 5c, its latest mid-range smartphone at an event in China. It is the first smartphone to be powered by Xiaomi’s in-house Surge S1 64-bit 2.2GHz Octa-Core processor that was introduced today. It packs 5.15-inch Full HD (1080p) 2.5D curved glass display from JDI with 1.6mm ultra narrow bezels, has 3GB of RAM, 64GB of internal storage and runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat) with MIUI 8 on top.
It has a 12-megapixel rear camera with 1.25μm pixel size, 27-mm wide angle lens and an 8-megapixel front camera that also features 27-mm wide angle lens. It also has a unibody metal design, fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button, dedicated dual nano SIM slots and packs a 2860mAh battery with support for 9V/2A fast charging that promises full day battery life.
Xiaomi Mi 5c specifications:
- 5.15-inch Full HD (1920×1080 pixels) 2.5D curved glass display, 94.4% of NTSC color gamut, 550 nits brightness, 1500: 1 contrast ratio
- Xiaomi Surge S1 (64-bit) SoC with Octa-Core 2.2GHz CPU
- Mali-T860 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR3 RAM
- 64GB (eMMC 5.0) internal storage
- Android Android 7.0 (Nougat)with MIUI 8, upgradable to Android 7.1 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 4G VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE , WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac dual-band (2.4GHz & 5GHz) , Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, microUSB 2.0, USB Type-C, USB OTG
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 12-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, 1.25μm pixel size, 6P lens, f/2.2 aperture, 27-mm wide angle lens, 1080p video recordig
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, 27 mm wide-angle lens, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Infrared, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, E-compass, Ambient Light sensor
- Non-removable 2860mAh (typical) / 2810mAh (minimum) battery with fast charging
- Dimensions: 144.38 x 69.68 x 7.09 mm
- Weight: 135 grams
- Colors: Rose Gold, Gold, Black
The Xiaomi Mi 5c is priced at CNY 1499 (US$ 218 / Rs. 14,560 approx) and it will go on sale in China starting from 3rd March.