Vivo has launched its latest mid-range smartphone in the Y-series, the Y55s in India. It comes with a 5.2-inch HD (720p) 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by a Snapdragon 425 (64-bit) Quad-Core processor paired with 3GB of RAM, has 16GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Funtouch OS 3.0 on top. It has a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front camera.
It has dedicated dual SIM slots, split-screen feature for multitasking and a unique eye protection mode that ensures comfortable screen brightness by reducing blue light that causes strain on the eyes.
Vivo Y55s specifications:
- 5.2-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS LCD 2.5D curved-edge display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 (64-bit) SoC with 1.4GHz Quad-Core CPU
- Adreno 308 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR3 RAM
- 16GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB via microSD card
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Funtouch OS 3.0
- Dual SIM (dual stand-by)
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, micro USB 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- FM Radio, 3.5mm audio jack
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, 1080p (Full HD) video recording
- 5MP front camera, 1080p
- Accelerometer, Proximity, Ambient Light, E-Compass, Gravity sensor
- Non-removable 2730mAh battery
- Colors: Crown Gold, Space Grey
The Vivo Y55s is priced at Rs. 12,490 and it will be available from February 26th across the country.
Commenting on the launch, Kent Cheng, CEO of Vivo India said:
“After the success of Vivo V5 Plus, we hereby strengthen our Y series portfolio with the launch of this power packed device, the Y55s. We at Vivo are motivated by our endeavor to consistently set industry benchmarks by offering best in class features at affordable prices. Focused on our commitment in servicing customer satisfaction through quality products, we are hopeful that our latest innovation will be as successful as our previous offerings. We are confident that Vivo will have a great run in the year 2017.”