Sony Mobile just announced Xperia XZs, successor of last year’s Xperia XZ at the MWC 2017. It has the same 5.2-inch Full HD (1080p) display, Snapdragon 820 (64-bit) Quad-Core processor, but it runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat).
It also has 4GB of RAM, 32GB / 64GB of expandable internal storage, IP65/68 dust and water resistance body, fingerprint sensor embedded into the power button and packs a 2900mAh battery with Qnovo’s Adaptive Charging technology.
In terms of camera, it has the same 19-megapixel Motion Eye camera with 1/ 2.3″ Exmor RS memory stacked sensor, Predictive Capture, Anti-distortion shutter, Triple image sensing technology, 5-axis image stabilization for shake-free videos, 4K and 960fps slow-motion video recording, and a 13-megapixel front camera with 1/3″ Exmor RS sensor, 22mm wide-angle lens, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording as the Xperia XZ Premium. It also has a dedicated camera shutter button, similar to the predecessor.
Sony Xperia XZs specifications:
- 5.2-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) IPS LCD TRILUMINOS Display with X-Reality Engine, Dynamic Contrast Enhancer, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 (64-bit) SoC with Quad-core (2 x 2.15GHz Kryo & 2 x 1.6GHz Kryo) CPU
- Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 32GB / 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 256GB via microSD card
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Single SIM / Dual SIM (market dependent)
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz & 5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, GPS/ GLONASS, microUSB 2.0, USB Type-C, USB OTG
- 3.5mm audio jack, DSEE HX, LDAC, Digital Noise Cancelling
- 19MP rear camera with Exmos RS sensor, 1/2.3″ sensor size, Predictive capture, PDAF, EIS, 5-axis stabilization, LED flash, [email protected] / [email protected] video recording
- 13MP front camera with 1/3″ Exmor RS sensor, 22mm wide-angle lens, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, E-compass, Ambient Light, Barometer, Color spectrum sensor
- Non-removable Li-Ion 2900mAh battery with Qnovo’s Adaptive Charging technology
- Dimensions: 146 x 72 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 161 grams
- Colors: Ice Blue, Warm Silver, Black
The Sony Xperia XZs will be available from the beginning of April 2017. No details about the pricing yet.