Samsung has officially announced the Galaxy Tab S3, successor of the last year’s Galaxy Tab S2. It packs a 9.7-inch Super AMOLED QXGA (2048×1536 pixel) display, is powered by a Snapdragon 820 (64-bit) Quad-core processor paired with 4GB of RAM, has 32GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat) with Samsung’s own UI on top. It has 4 stereo speakers tuned by AKG (HARMAN), fingerprint sensor embedded into the home-button and comes with an enhanced S Pen.
In terms of camera, it features a 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front camera. It also comes with a book cover and a keyboard cover. Both are connected via the magnetic connector on the bottom of the tablet. The keyboard has a 1.5mm stroke (key travel) and the keyboard pitch (distance between two keys) has also been enlarged for better typing.
Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 specifications:
- 9.7-inch QXGA (2048×1536 pixel) Super AMOLED display
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 (64-bit) SoC with Quad-Core (2 x 2.15GHz Kryo & 2 x 1.6GHz Kryo) CPU
- Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 32GB internal memory, expandable up to 256GB via microSD card
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Single SIM (optional)
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz/5GHz) MIMO, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS/GLONASS/BDS/GALILEO, USB 3.1, USB Type-C, USB OTG
- 3.5mm audio jack, 4 stereo speakers tuned by AKG (HARMAN)
- 13MP rear camera with Auto-focus, LED flash, f/1.9 aperture, 4K video recording
- 5MP front camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, E-compass, Ambient Light sensor
- Non-removable 6000mAh battery with Fast Charging
- Dimensions: 237.3 x 169 x 6 mm
- Weight: 429 grams (Wi-Fi only model) / 434 grams (LTE model)
- Colors: Silver, Black
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 is priced at 679 Euros (US$ 717 / Rs. 47,785 approx) for the Wi-Fi only variant and the LTE variant costs 769 Euros (US$ 812 / Rs. 54,120 approx) in Europe. It will be released in the coming weeks.