Samsung is expected to introduce its next flagship smartphones, the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ at an event next month. Specifications of the Galaxy S8+ surfaced yesterday, revealing most of the specifications of the smartphone, including Iris scanner and earphones tuned by AKG, now the specifications of Galaxy S8 has surfaced, revealing similar specifications except the 5.8-inch QHD+ Super AMOLED display, instead of 6.2-inch QHD+ display on the Galaxy S8+.
It reveals a 5.8-inch (full rectangle) or 5.6-inch (with rounded corners) Quad HD+ Super AMOLED display, 12-megapixel dual pixel rear camera, 8-megapixel front camera, IP68 ratings water and dust resistance, Iris scanner, Samsung Knox security, 64GB of expandable internal storage, 4GB of RAM, Wireless charging and more.
Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored specifications:
- 5.8-inch QHD+ (2560×1440 pixels) dual edge curved Super AMOLED pressure sensitive display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 / Samsung Exynos 9 Series 8895 processor (depending on market)
- Adreno 540 / Mali-G71 GPU
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB Internal memory, expandable via microSD card
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- Dual SIM (depending on market)
- 4G LTE (Cat.16) with VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4GHz & 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2 LE, NFC, GPS/GLONAS/BeiDou, microUSB 2.0, USB Type-C, 3.5mm headphone jack
- 12-megapixel Dual Pixel rear camera with f/1.7 aperture, 4K video recording
- 8-megapixel front camera with f/1.7 aperture
- Water resistance body (IP68)
- Fingerprint, Iris scanner, Heart rate, Barometer sensor
- Samsung DeX, Bixby virtual assistant
- Non-removable 3000mAh battery with fast Charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA) charging
Both the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8+ are expected to be unveiled on March 29 at an event in New York. The Galaxy S8 with a 5.8-inch display is said to retail for €799 (US$ 850 / Rs. 56,830 approx) and the 6.2-inch S8+ is said to cost €899 (US$ 956 / Rs. 63,947 approx). Both are expected to go on sale on April 21. Samsung is reportedly aiming to ship 60 million units for the Galaxy S8 this year.