HMD Global announced Nokia 6 last month in China as the first Nokia-branded Android smartphone after it was granted exclusive global license to sell Nokia phones. Today it has announced the smartphone for global markets. Specifications are the same, including a 5.5-inch Full HD (1080p) 2.5D curved glass display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 (64-bit) Octa-Core processor, 16-megapixel rear camera, 8-megapixel front camera and 3000mAh non-removable battery; but it comes in two variants – 3GB RAM with 32GB storage and 4GB RAM with 64GB storage and runs on stock Android 7.1.1 (Nougat).
It has dual loud speakers – one on the top and other on the bottom, dual smart amplifier chips (TFA9891) offering 6dB louder sound and Dolby Atmos, 6000 series aluminum alloy unibody design and a fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button.
Nokia 6 specifications:
- 5.5-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 (64-bit) SoC with Octa-Core ( 4 x 1.2GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5GHz Cortex A53) CPU
- Adreno 505 GPU
- 3GB / 4GB LPDDR3 RAM
- 32GB / 64GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- Dual SIM (dual stand-by)
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, micro USB 2.0, USB OTG
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dual loud-speakers, Dual smart amplifiers (TFA9891), Dolby Atmos
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, 1.0µm sensor size, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p video recording
- 8MP front camera with 1.12µm sensor size, f/2.0 aperture, 84˚ wide-angle lens, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, E-compass, Ambient Light sensor
- Non-removable 3000mAh battery
- Dimensions: 154 x 75.8 x 7.8mm
- Color: Matte Black, Tempered Blue, Silver, Copper, Arte Black (Special Edition)
The global Nokia 6 is priced at 229 Euros (US$ 241 / Rs. 16117 approx) for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version and the Special Edition with 4GB RAM and 64GB storage is priced at 299 Euros (US$ 315 / Rs. 21,043 approx). It will be available globally in Q2, 2017.