Meizu has announced m5s, its latest budget smartphone at an event in China. It packs a 5.2-inch HD (720p) 2.5D curved glass display, is powered by a MediaTek MT6753 (64-bit) Octa-Core processor paired with 3GB of RAM, has 16GB / 32GB of expandable internal storage and runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Flyme OS 6.0 on top.
As for camera, it has a 13-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, PDAF (phase-detection auto-focus) for fast focus in just 0.2 seconds and a 5-megapixel camera on the front.
It also has a unibody metal design, mTouch 2.1 fingerprint sensor embedded into the home button, hybrid dual SIM slot that lets you use the second SIM slot as a microSD card slot when required and packs a 3000mAh battery with support for fast charging that can charge the phone up to 56% in just 36 minutes.
Meizu m5s specifications:
- 5.2-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS LCD 2.5D curved glass display
- MediaTek MT6753 (64-bit) SoC with 1.3GHz Octa-core CPU
- Mali-T760 GPU
- 3GB LPDDR3 RAM
- 16GB / 32GB internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD card (uses SIM 2 slot)
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with Flyme OS 6.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n dual band (2.4GHz & 5GHz) , Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, micro USB 2.0, USB OTG
- 3.5mm audio jack, bottom facing loud-speaker
- 13MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, 5P lens, PDAF, 1080p video recording
- 5MP front camera, f/2.0 aperture, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Proximity, Ambient light, E-Compass sensor
- Non-removable 3000mAh battery with fast charging
- Dimensions: 148.2 × 72.5 × 8.4mm
- Weight: 143 grams
- Colors: Champagne Gold, Rose Gold, Moonlight Silver, Star Gray
The Meizu m5s is priced at CNY 799 (US$ 116 / Rs. 7790 approx) for the 16GB storage version and the 32GB storage version costs CNY 999 (US$ 145 / Rs. 9730 approx). It will go on sale in China starting from February 20th.