LG today announced its latest flagship smartphone, the LG G6 at the MWC 2017 event in Barcelona. It sports a QHD+ (1440 × 2880 pixels) LCD FullVision display with a 18:9 aspect ratio and narrow bezels on the side which offers more room for the display, is powered by a Sanpdragon 821 (64-bit) Quad-Core processor paired with 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, has 32GB / 64GB (UFS 2.0) expandable internal storage and runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat) with LG UX 6.0 on top. It is the first phone outside the Pixel range to come with the Google Assistant.
In terms of camera, it has dual rear camera setup – 13MP + 13MP with dual-tone LED flash, OIS 2.0, manual mode, 71-degree-wide angle lens, 125-degree lens for secondary camera and a 5-megapixel front camera with 100-degree wide angle lens.
The G6 features a metal frame that is sandwiched between two Corning Gorilla glass panels which offers it a premium look, has a fingerprint sensor on the back, IP68 ratings for water and dust resistance that makes it safe to be immersed in up to 1.5 meters of water for as long as 30 minutes and packs a 3300mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 support.
It is also the first smartphone to feature Dolby Vision technology and supports HDR 10. Both of which are standards for High Dynamic Range (HDR), the picture quality technology which allows for a wider range of color and luminosity, wherein both the darkest and the brightest areas are more vivid, revealing greater detail for a truly immersive viewing experience.
LG G6 specifications:
- 5.7-inch QHD+ (1440 × 2880 pixels) LCD Always-on FullVision display with a 18:9 aspect ratio, 564 PPI, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 821 (64-bit) SoC with Quad-core (2 x 2.35 GHz Kryo & 2 x 1.6 GHz Kryo) CPU
- Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 32GB / 64GB (UFS 2.0) internal memory, expandable memory up to 2TB via microSD card
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with LG UX 6.0, Google Assistant
- Single SIM / Hybrid Dual SIM (market dependent)
- 4G LTE Cat.12, 3G HSPA+, 2G GPRS/EDGE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4GHz & 5GHz), DLNA, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, GPS/GLONASS/BDS, microUSB 3.1, USB Type-C, USB OTG
- FM radio, 3.5mm audio jack, 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC, Dolby Vision
- 13MP + 13MP dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED Flash, 1/3″ sensor size, 1.12 µm pixel size, OIS 2.0, 71-degree-wide angle lens, secondary rear camera with 125-degree lens, [email protected] (4K) video recording
- 5MP front camera with 100-degree wide-angle lens, 1080p
- Fingerprint, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Proximity, Ambient Light, E-Compass, Barometer, Magnetic Field, Color spectrum sensor
- Water & Dust resistant body (IP68)
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 back panel
- Non-removable 3300mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Dimensions: 148.9 x 71.9 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 163 grams
- Colors: Mystic White, Astro Black, Ice Platinum
No details about pricing or availability yet.
Update (Feb 27): LG Electronics President, Cho Juno revealed the price of the LG G6, which is 899,800 Korean Won (US$796.85 / Rs. 53,100 approx) and will be available in the Korean market initially starting from March 10.